Monday, February 23, 2009

West Side of H-town Show Me How Ya Fiz-eel

This past weekend we went to Houston for my Baw's 80th birthday. We had such a great time, and it is always so refreshing to be surrounded by family. There was a great turnout for Baw's birthday party. Saturday night, after everyone left, Baw, all the grandkids, and my Aunt Nancy played a competitive game of Farkle, a dice game. Madeline helped roll the dice for Liz, which was also quite entertaining. We had tons of laughs. It was a blast.
When I got home, I was looking through my camera and realized that I had pretty much only taken pics of Madeline (how can you take pics of anything else, when she is around!?). Here are a few of them...
Baw got a new TV, which meant a big box to play in...

she seriously played in it for like 30 minutes! (if not more)

She loved this little Boston Terrier toy and called it "her Molly" :)

Pretty Smiles!!

Baw and her cake. Mom said she was just going to put one candle for each century of her life. Haha, we asked Mom if Baw was turning 800, and Mom said, "Oh, I mean one candle for each decade!"

I love my family!!! :) This weekend coming up, Liz and Andy and Madeline are going up to the Ranch with us in Oklahoma. I am sure I will have some FUN stories from that too! ;)

3 comments:

mlg said...

Love the pictures of Madeline and I'm glad Baw isn't 800. What happen with her moving to Austin?

Linda said...

It was a great weekend! Thanks for your help in making Baw's 80th so special! LOVE YOU!

Liz said...

It was so fun!! And we cannot wait for Oklahoma!
Matt - Baw is moving to Austin in May. Her house is still being built. The weekend was kind of bittersweet, in that it was probably the last weekend all of the cousins were at the house we grew up with. It was a good sendoff though.