Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sad Chimp Story and Fun Music

Did y'all hear about the horrible chimp incident? A chimpanzee attacked a woman to the point that police thought she was a man. He tore apart her face and bit off both of her hands. It is so sickening. I hate the chimp for doing it, but I was still sorta sad to hear that the police had to shoot it. It is just an awful situation all around. I read today that four teams of surgeons have worked on the victim for over seven hours. It is a bad bad deal, and I don't know why I can't quit reading about it, as disturbing as it is. :( It's horrific!

On a lighter note, I have some fun music stuff to check out, if you so desire...

I like this mash-up of Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics and PokerFace by Lady Gaga. Sweet Dreams is one of my all-time favorite pop songs. I have been to four Ashlee Simpson concerts (all in the span of one year...several years ago), and the absolute highlight of all of those was when she did a cover of Sweet Dreams. It was amazing. I have video of it on my other computer (which I don't feel like getting out) but here is a clip I found on YouTube of her doing it in another city.

Pop music fans...listen/watch this song "Eat You Up" Eli introduced me to. I swear...it is so cute and fun. She is kinda like an Asian, grungy Christina Aguilera. :) Her name is BoA, which I just found out means Best of Asia. ;) Remember not that long ago when I was saying we need more Asian singers and entertainers? Well, ask and you shall receive. Thanks Eli! :)

2 comments:

G said...

That is crazy but i've gotta say chimps are wild animals that are much stronger then humans. The owner has to take a lot of responsibility for the attack. One of the stories i read said that the owner gave it prescribed xanax, a drug that causes aggression in some humans. Sad story all around. -Mark

Liz said...

It is really sad. And I completely agree with Mark. Anytime you bring a wild animal into your home, it never loses its natural tendancies. Wild animals are wild, and should be kept in the wild. I do hope she gets better soon.