Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Goodbye Elvis!


Molly's biological father Elvis (who belongs to Zac's parents) passed away today. I was very sad when Zac broke the news to me, and I even teared up a bit. He was probably only about 9 (the Oldham's bought him from a family who had already owned him a few years, so I'm not sure about the eact age), which is young for a dog to die. Boston Terriers are said to be able to live to 15. Poor Elvis, and poor Mom and Dad. At least he is in Doggie Heaven now, with Susie, Molly's mother. Elvis dying makes me question if we are doing everything right for Molly, so she can live the longest, healthiest, happiest life possible. I know we need to quit feeding her human food (especially the really bad stuff, like fries and cheetos) and start walking her daily. She deserves the best, and sometimes when we are busy, we put her needs on the back burner, which is not fair. I mean, don't get me wrong, she always has food and water and gets to go potty frequently...we take her to the vet on a regular basis and everything, but we need to give her more one-on-one attention.

On a lighter note, I am looking forward to the new movie "Funny People" by Judd Apatow, the creater of The Fourty Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up. (If you watch the trailor, get past the first 30 seconds or so...it gets better and deeper.)

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'm so sorry about Elvis. Give Molly a hug for me.

Liz said...

Send the Oldhams our condolences.

Liz said...

I just watched the trailor and that movie does look very funny! I'm not going to pretend like i'll see it in the theater, but i might go ahead and put it on my netflix queue. :)