Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Circus is My Destiny

Yes! I am FINALLY blogging about the Britney concert! :) It was so so much fun, and a real treat for both the eyes and the ears! I could go on and on talking about all the amazing aspects of it, but instead I will keep it brief. Stacy and I met for dinner at Gloria's and then headed to the show. Our seats were in the third balcony, one row away from the very tip top, but it was still AH-MAY-ZING!!! I loved the Pussycat Dolls SO much too! They sang live and were very high energy! I've always liked them, but I am a huge fan of them now! Check out this song Jai Ho (You Are My Destiny) from the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack! The crowd went crazy when they performed it! I am also MADLY in love with this song by PCD...they are seriously talented!
Here is a view from our seats, and this is even zoomed in...



The costumes for both Brit and the dancers were awesome. I could see them better than my camera captured them, so I didn't get many great pics, but here are a few of her amazing outfits. The Circus one...

At one point she slowed things down and sang on this floating umbrella. It was very pretty and made me think she has come a long way since that awful picture of her with an umbrella which was taken just over a year ago. She is wearing a Bollywood type outfit at that point...

And of course for Womanizer she got to play a cop. A sexy cop, I might add.

I took a alot of video at the show, but some of them didn't turn out that great. I liked this one though...look how over-the-top everything is!! It made me feel that it was worth every penny of the ticket price! :)

Also, you won't be surprised that I am admitting to the world my nerdiness by posting the following videos. Yes, I put on my reporter hat again (not literally, just figuratively) and recorded my thoughts before and after the concert, and also interviewed Stacy at the concert. Enjoy (Enjoy at my expense, haha, it's all cool. I'm secure. Or stupid. One of the two)...
(excuse the horrible angle and the gum chewing)

(excuse the huge cough drop stored in the side of my cheek)

(excuse the raspy voice)

And just in case you are wandering what songs she sang, here is the set list...

CIRCUS
Perez/Parade Intro
Circus (Funky Remix)
Piece of Me
Thunderstorm Segue
Radar

HOUSE OF FUN (Anything Goes)
Martial Arts Segue
Ooh Ooh Baby/Hot as Ice
Boys
If U Seek Amy
Me Against the Music (Bollywood)

FREAKSHOW/PEEPSHOW
Everybody's Looking for Something (Sweet Dreams) Segue
Freakshow
Get Naked
Britney's Hotline
Breathe on Me/Touch of My Hand

ELECTRO CIRC
Break the Ice Segue
Do Something
Slave
Dancer Solo Segue/Heartbeat Segue
Toxic
Baby One More Time (Remix)

ENCORE
Womanizer (Extended Remix)
Circus Reprise: The Bow

1 comment:

Liz said...

It sounds like you guys had fun! I couldn't watch your interviews, it said something about it being a private video...