Monday, April 13, 2009

SB: Saturday/Sunday

Saturday morning we woke up and ate a free breakfast at our hotel. I love those waffle machines where you get to pour the batter yourself, and wait for two minutes...they taste so good and remind me of my fun college days. :) We packed up quickly and went straight to the Experience Music Project in Seattle. It is pretty amazing...I just wish we had more time to explore it! Our plane left at 2 and we had to make it to the airport and turn in our rental car and all that, so the EMP was pretty much the only thing we had time for, and we were rushed through that. I can't explain how awesome the museum is, except to say that it's interactive, and if you like music at all, or history, since music usually goes along with what is happening in the world, you would love this museum! The building itself is really cool from the outside. Here is an aerial view, taken from the SpaceNeedle, a few days before.


And this was just a little collage I found online of different parts of the exterior of the building. It's really really cool. I took lots of pictures of it myself, but this was nice, because it is all in one.

Here is Zac as we are walking in...

I guess I felt like I was supposed to pose like a rock star? haha, I'm a dork, y'all already know that.

There is a HUGE (at least two stories!) cyclone of instruments, mostly guitars. It was cool!

It is interactive, and you get to play with all sorts of instruments and sound equipment. We got to go in this soundproof room and play with a sound board. You won't guess what the song was to experiment with...Sweet Dreams!! I love that song! :) Here is a short video of us playing...

On the way out of town, we had a tiny bit of time so we drove by Safeco and Qwest, so Zac could get a better view of them.

I thought this was a cool piece of art, and very appropriate for the city...a windblown umbrella.

Sniff, Sniff! Goodbye Seattle, Goodbye Northwest. Goodbye ocean and tall trees and rain.

Hello Texas, here we come...

Funny story about our clothes...I got dressed at the hotel while Zac was in the shower, and then he got dressed when I was gone to get breakfast. What do you know...we both put on a black shirt with a gray v-neck sweater over it. Haha, um I guess that's what happens when we spend 24/7 together. :)
We got to watch the sun set on the plane, and it was indescribable. If you think that it's pretty to see a sun's reflection on water, you should see the way it looks on the clouds! Wow!

Rheanna and Cody and Colt picked us up from the airport to bring us home. We were all hungry and decided to stop at Taco Bell for a 10:00 dinner. :) I have not eaten inside a fast food chain like Taco Bell in a long time, but it was so fun to be there with friends, late at night...felt kinda like high school, haha!
Sunday morning we woke up with one thing on our mind...MOLLY! We drove to Waco and met my parents and Zac's mom for lunch at Texas Roadhouse. It was neat to tell them all about the trip while it was fresh on our minds, but I have to say the best part was being reunited with our baby girl, who we had not seen since Monday morning! Here's a pic of the family reunion...


And what better way to celebrate being back in Texas. and with the Molser babe, than by taking pics in the bluebonnets! :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

It looks like you guys had an amazing vacation! We should go on a Bartlett / Oldham family vacation sometime. :)