Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mi Perro, Mis Amigas, y Mi Familia

I have been bad about blogging, so here is a quick catch up of our social life for the past two weeks... Karen and Robbie had us over to their house to watch the first Spurs/Mavs playoff game. Karen invited Molly, since her Shih Tzu Greta was going to be there, as well as a Morky (Maltese-Yorkie mixed breed) Punky. Molly was a little bit of a bully, but not in a mean way...she just wanted those poor little girls to play with her so badly and they were a little unsure of her. They were all really cute together though!



Last week we met Stacy at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch another of the Spurs/Mavs games. We were stared at, since we were the ONLY people in the joint with Spurs stuff on, but whatever. It was fun and Stacy and I got to have lots of girl talk before Zac got off work and showed up. :)

Saturday morning I went to McKinney to watch Nati's soccer game and help Amy celebrate her birthday. Nati was such a cute little soccer stud. Breagan is the coach and he is so good with all the kids. That is a lucky bunch of kids and parents...they have a great coach!

I made cupcakes for Amy for her birthday, and even though I was two weeks late seeing her, I still sang and made her blow out a candle! :)

Claire and Batman...I mean Nati, looking cute as ever...

Saturday on my way home from McKinney my dad called and casually said "what are y'all doing tonight?" I told him we didn't have plans and he said "how 'bout some company?" We were so excited for the impromptu visit from my parents!! I love that they just got a wild hair and decided to come! It was quite a treat. They arrived in time for dinner so we went out to eat and then came home and watched old home videos. I know that might sound boring and cheesy to some people, but it was Rusty's 6th birthday, and all the videos we watched were puppy videos of Molly and Rusty...they were SOO cute!! :) Sunday morning we decided to take the dogs on a fieldtrip to a nearby lake. It was a little cool when we got in the car at home, but somehow a fifteen minute drive and the new location later we opened the car doors to a crazy-windy really eerie weather phenomenon. I tried to capture how windy it was...I can't explain it. Just trust me!

We had to fight just to stand. The water on a small lake had waves and whitecaps and everything from the wind!

Molly would not get in the water (so that should tell you how crazy the weather was!) but her paws got a tiny bit wet. I tried to make her ride in the back of the car on the way home, but just look at that face! It lasted maybe 2 minutes and then I put her in the backseat with us. :)

Last night we had dinner with Cody and Rheanna at a new Tex-Mex place they just opened near us. All you Abilene people will appreciate what it was...TaMolly's! Remember that restaurant near the mall? We just got one about ten minutes away from us. It was pretty tasty, but the company was even better! Look how happy Mr. Colt was after dinner! :)

Just in case I never mentioned it, we have amazing friends and family. I feel like a very blessed little girl!

No comments: