Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back on the 'roids

In case you were ever wondering if injecting one little dose of prednisone (a steroid) has the same affect as taking large doses orally (in pill form), IT DOES! When I was sick in high school I had to take prednisone all the time, and the shot I got for my sinus infection is making me feel a little too much like I did in high school:
-hungry
-emotional
-can't sleep at night
-kinda like my heart will beat through my chest
-did I mention emotional!!
-did I mention hungry?
-puffy cheeks! (I can't believe one shot can do that, because they never got puffy until I was on high doses for a period of time when I was in high school, but they are a little rounder than usual!)
I know the symptoms could be way worse, because I've been there too, but this is still not fun. At least I'm feeling better, so it kinda feels worth it. I guess.
So that's a boring post, but what else am I supposed to do at 4:30am? At least I'm not eating, because believe me, the thought crossed my mind. haha
PS-In GOOD NEWS...It has been 8 days since I've had any Dr. Pepper or any soda at all, for that matter! No carbonation whatsoever. I do miss it, but I'm past the point of "needing" it, and I'm not getting headaches anymore like I was the first few days. Isn't that scary to think that there is something that if I don't have it will make me feel bad? Addiction much? Every year at Lent I say I'm going to give them up altogether, since I've already gone through the 6 week withdrawal period, but then I have one on Easter, and that leads to another random one later in the week, and I think "well I'll drink occasionally, just as a treat" and then the next thing I know I'm back on one a day. Ugh, so no promises this year....we will see what happens. :) In the meantime, Go me! :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

Don't get rood rage. And don't do any arm workouts, you already have exceptionally developed muscles.