Thursday, February 25, 2010

¡Vamos a España!


It's official! We're going to Spain! After lots of discussion, a few disagreements, online research, mind-changing, some stress, and lots of excitement, we have booked our airline tickets to Spain!! I will spare you all the boring details, but it was quite a hassle, and I was starting to think we weren't meant to take this trip. But I just got off the phone with Iberian Airlines and we are GOOD TO GO! I already received the confirmation email and all of our reservation info!!
We are leaving Tuesday, June 8th and return Wednesday, June 16th. We are flying roundtrip to and from Granada, although we make stops in Madrid coming and going. I'm not sure we will have time to leave the airport, but at least we'll get to see the city from the plane! :)
I wish we could go all over Spain, but after lots of talk (and more and more talk) we decided we just don't have the money and flexibility to do that, so we are focusing on Southern Spain. Andalucia, Seville, Cordoba, Malaga, etc. Zac and I are a great team because I am the dreamer who wants to be gone all summer and would spend every penny we have and then some, and Zac is the realist who is good about budgeting and being smart about things. We balance each other out. This is the first major trip we've planned together, and I will say it is somewhat stressful and includes alot of sacrifice. For example, I've always wanted to go to a bullfight, and although Zac has no personal desire to, he will because I want to. On the flipside, I'm not much of a beach person, but Zac wants to spend a day on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, and I'm fine with that. This is an experience for both of us, so we want to make sure we each get out of it what we want, and get to do it with our best friend the whole time. :) Cheesy, I know, but it's true!
It is going to be such a fun trip, I'm so excited I could squeal. My fingers are doing little dances right now, as my brain is trying to tell them to type! Yay...it's really and finally happening!!! :)

4 comments:

mlg said...

YAY congrats! I might even pop down and say hello!

Liz said...

Congratlations Jules and Zac. I'm so happy for you guys. Take lots and lots of pictures. It's going to be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Happy for you guys! ~T

Amy F said...

Muy Bueno!!! I hope you guys have a blast!