Saturday, February 27, 2010

Childhood Favorite Movies

My sister texted me awhile ago. She told me she was watching the Olympics and bobsledding was on, which reminded her of one of our favorite childhood memories, Cool Runnings. That made me start thinking about some of our other favorites. I guess I just had fun looking at old trailers and whatnot, so thought I'd share some of our faves with you. Did you watch some of these? What did I leave off? What did YOU love to watch? Enjoy...
(the title of the movie has a link to a youtube video)

Cool Runnings "Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme. Get on up, it's bobsled time!"

The Princess Bride "As you wish..."

Kindergarten Cop "Maybe it's a tumor!"

Troop Beverly Hills "We don't need no stinkin' patches!"

Rocketeer

Curly Sue

The Sandlot

Ladybugs

Wild Hearts Can't be Broken


The Witches

Hocus Pocus

Forever Young

Polly This is the African-American version of the classic Pollyanna. Mom must've recorded it off of TV, we loved watching it! It has some major stars in it too! :)

9 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

I loved Cool Runnings and Wild Hearts Can't be Broken. Great great movies!!!! It was great seeing y'all this morning.

Liz said...

I love that you included Polly. That is the randomest movie ever. I need to netflix all of these. I can't wait until m is old enough to watch some of these.

Linda said...

Remember the movie Heart and Soul? It's the one where these 4 souls all have some unfinished business before going to heaven - and a bus comes and picks them up when it is their time. I watch it anytime I stumble across it on TV.

Amy F said...

I have to agree with Ellen (probably b/c we always watched these movies together!).

Katie K said...

I loved Troop Beverly Hills and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Watched them a million times!

Julia said...

I had forgotten The Princess Bride, and it was a major fave, so I had to go back in and add it.
Others I forgot that I'll just list here:
Crocodile Dundee
Crocodile Dundee 2
Hearts and Souls (thanks Mom!)
Peter Pan (the one with humans, not the cartoon)
Hook

Liz said...

Jules, last night as I was drifting off to sleep, I remembered we used to love Newsies and Mighty Ducks.

Linda said...

Another movie y'all watched when you were quite younger was The Wizard of Oz - recorded off of TV.

Amy said...

My all time Favorite movie when I was little was the Goonies(Which is still one of my favs)And ofcaurse Now and Then.