Friday, February 12, 2010

Love in a list

I am the type of person who loves Valentine's Day. I loved the idea of it and what it symbolizes even when I was single, and of course I love it as a married woman. I am a hopeless romantic, and I like all the traditional (and not so traditional) gestures of romance. One year I told Zac that I didn't want to eat out at one of our normal restaurants, so he got super creative and took me to an Indian restaurant called Ararat. Zac and I are very boring eaters, so we did not enjoy the lamb or hummus or whatever else it was they served us, but we will never forget the magic show, the man swallowing swords, or the slew of belly dancers. Although we had to drive through Whataburger on the way home, the fact he researched and was so proud of picking this "anti-Zac" place made the night so special...and memorable! :) The night could have been so awful (since the place was quite strange, and we thought the food was gross) but we love to laugh about the time we tried to be adventurous.

In honor of Valentine's day, a day to celebrate love, here are the
Top Ten Reasons I Love and Adore My husband Zac

10. He cares about others more than himself, and constantly puts others first.
9. He loves kids and can't wait to be a Dad. I'm not sure which of us has baby fever more.
8. He has goals and is ambitious. He doesn't want to just be a principal, he wants to be a hard working principal that teachers and students both respect. He wants to actually make a school a better place.
7. He continues to surprise me. Remember that secret birthday party he planned for me this year?
6. He has an amazing family, who treats me as if I have been one of them all along. I am so grateful that the man I chose has a family I am also proud to have married into.
5. He's funny. He makes me (and others) laugh on a daily basis. He has the best sense of humor.
4. He is humble and never takes credit when he deserves it, but instead lets other's get the glory.
3. His students and athletes adore him. He touches lives. He makes a positive impact on hundreds of kids a year. He is a role model that teenagers look up to and admire.
2. He is thoughtful and spoils me more than I deserve. He makes me feel protected, cared for, and safe. He is my care taker.
1. Zac makes me feel special, loved, beautiful, and smart. On the days that my self-esteem is running low, he fills my tank back up again. He completes me. I am a very grateful woman.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Zac is a really wonderful guy. I'm so glad you guys found each other. I love you both. We had a wonderul weekend with you guys. I hope you have a great rest of valentines day.

Ellen Enright said...

I'm so happy y'all are together. Both of you make an amazing couple.