Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sinuses Schminuses

Most of you follow me on facebook, so you already know that I'm sick. This is my second sinus infection (the first being less than a month ago) and the doc gave me two shots and sent me home with a handful of medicine samples and two prescriptions. I think it's safe to say she's drug happy, but I will try whatever works.
Nothing too exciting to write about today, but if I was an author for the SAT, I would definitely include the analogy CVS is to Walgreens, as Wal-Mart is to Target. (inferior, that is) I went to CVS because I had two coupons for Rite Aid (which CVS accepts) that if you turn in a prescription you get a $25 gift card. So I went there to get the $50 in gift cards, but it was almost not even worth it. The two times I have been there, it took over an hour to fill two simple prescriptions. Very frustrating. And the main thing is, no one wants to hang out at a drug store with a bunch of other sickies anytime, but when you already feel bad and want to go home, an hour feels like five hours. Anyways, I bought some mascara, a birthday card for my friend, and a Starbucks Mocha drink (ya know, the glass bottles that taste so good, and nothing like coffee, which is the only reason I like them) and I still have $40 left in gift money there. Nice!
We have a field trip tomorrow. We are going to a Special Olympics event, and those are always SO awesome and warm and fuzzy. It is a basketball "individual skills" workshop, and the kids are looking forward to it. I hope I'm feeling better...these kids keep me SO busy on fieldtrip days! Dang...that reminds me that I have to bring a sack lunch and I have nothing to pack. I always cook easy mac or a frozen dinner or (sometimes) buy the plate lunch at school, so I don't have any sandwich type stuff. Hmm...I'll get creative.
Zac's first track meet is Saturday...I hope the weather is somewhat pleasant! I won't be staying long if it's not, and I really want to stay the whole time, so SUN PLEASE COME OUT!!!! Kthxbye!
PS-This commercial completely caught me on a good day and I laughed out loud. Then I rewound it, and laughed again. Haha, not sure why, but see if you like it too. :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

I hope you'll feel better so you can go to the Special Olympics. Sounds like fun. Love You!

Stacy said...

I laughed SO hard the first time I saw that commercial too. Feel better so we can go to the Lighthouse Cafe again soon!