Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sister Time

Last weekend I went to Katy to spend a few days with my sis and her family, and to host a shower for her. It was a quick trip, and I would have loved to spend much more time with them, but it was a blast and a much needed visit. Liz is an amazing mom and impresses me with all she can juggle. Owen is still as perfect as I remembered him, and Madeline is so smart and fun. I'm such a lucky Aunt!! The shower was beautiful and the food was delish. We had bellinis, which was a treat, and I got to pop my first bottle of champagne! :) Here are a few pics from the weekend...

Liz and her shower hostesses (her sis-in-law Anne, and Breck)
Madeline and two of her cute cousins. I can't wait until she has a cousin on MY side! :)
I rode from Dallas to Houston with Liz's college roomie Jen. It was a lot of fun, and gave both of us some company in the car. Here she is with Liz at the shower.
Mom and cutie Owen in the outfit we gave him for Christmas ;)

Madeline and I went shopping at Katy Mills on Saturday morning. She was such a trooper. We got kind of lost and ended up walking A LOT. I carried her as much as I could, but I had a purse and bags and it was so hard, so she volunteered to walk even though her legs were very tired. hehe, what a sweetie! :) Last but not least, check out this cute video of Madeline on the phone with Zac, singing to him that there are seven continents. (He has high school kids who can't name them, but this three year old can!) Have I ever mentioned that she is a genius? I'm not even saying that because I'm her aunt. She really is gifted!

2 comments:

Linda said...

It was a fun weekend. The shower was great, the food delicious, and the company the very best of all. Liz is indeed an amazing mom. Owen and Madeline are the most perfect grandchildren I have (so far)!

Liz said...

You are an amazing aunt! And Mom, you are an amazing Grandma!
Let me know what weekends are good for you, we need to plan a weekend, before all of ours get booked!