Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grammy Picks

Y'all! It's the Grammy tonight! HOLLA!!!!!!!!! I love music and award shows, so hip hip hooray for my evening! I am getting so excited that I feel like I need to go put on a party dress! I can't wait to watch the performances, and I love getting all giddy and my chest gets shaky when people go up to accept awards. If they cry (and I like them) it's a safe bet I'll cry. My entire childhood I wanted to be a pop star, and on nights like this, I get to live my life through them. Haha, so cheesy, but I used to always wonder what I'd wear and say if ever I was to go to the Grammys! Silly, I know, but that's me.
For the complete list of Grammy Nominees, click here. My picks are listed below, but I'm not really sure if this is who I WANT to win, or who I think WILL win. Oh well, here they are, but only the categories I care about, hehe...

Record of The Year
Pokerface by Lady Gaga

Album of The Year
The Fame by Lady Gaga
or Fearless by Taylor Swift

Song of The Year
You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift

Best Female Pop Vocal
Halo by Beyonce

Best Male Pop Vocal
This Time by John Legend

Best Pop Vocal by Group/Duo
I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas
(although I'd rather The Fray win!)

Best Pop Callabo
Taylor Swift and Colbie Calliat "Breathe"
OMG, I love this song so much!!

Best Pop Vocal Album
I want Funhouse by Pink, but I bet it's The E.N.D. by Black Eyed Peas

Best Dance Recording
Pokerface DUH!!!

Best Electronic/Dance Album
Lady Gaga

Best Female R&B Vocal
Single Ladies by Beyonce

Best Group/Duo R&B Performance
Jamie Foxx and T-Pain "Blame It"

Best Contemporary Record
I Am...Sasha Fierce by Beyonce

Best Rap Solo
D.O.A. (Death of Autotune) by Jay-Z, but I love Drake too.

Best Rap by Dup/Group
Amazing by Kanye and Jeezy

Best Rap/Sung Callabo
Run This Town or Knock You Down, I love them both too much!

Best Rap Song
Run This Town by Jay-Z, Rihanna, and Kanye West

I don't do much country, but I want Taylor Swift to win every time she's nominated, and if she doesn't win, then I hope it's Carrie Underwood. Basically I like the pretty blondes. :)

Jai Ho already won for best song composed for a movie/tv, and I am happy with that. I love that song.

No comments: