Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Awesome Day

You guessed it! I had an amazing day at work! I have had days that felt "okay" or where "nothing major happened, so I guess it was alright," but this entire school year I've yet to leave with a bounce in my step, feeling like it was the best day ever. Until today! It was great! I took half of the kids to Wal-Mart to shop for our teacher luncheon (which is Thursday), and then to Chili's to eat out. By this time last year, we'd taken the entire class out to eat lunch several times (how to behave in public is a big part of our curriculum, and therefore going out to eat is a very educational experience). Anyways, this year, due to our difficult situation, we haven't taken them out to eat once. So we decided that letting them go out to eat as a smaller group would be much more sensible, and we were right! The shopping AND eating was not only manageable, but pleasant, and FUN! I got to interact with all the kids, and they each felt so special. There were 7 kids, and 4 adult, which means that back at school was 9 kids and 3 adults. When we got back, I was so pumped to hear that they had an awesome morning too! The aides told me how nice it was and how the kids were very easy going and it felt laid back and quite enjoyable, even though they were still learning. It was such a great day for everyone, all the way around! Now...if only we could take half the class on community trips every day! :)

2 comments:

Amy F said...

Hurray!!!!!

Linda said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!