Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm a big kid now!

A lot of things in my life have made me feel like a grown up. The main one that stands out to me is buying a house, but graduating college, getting married, and taking a trip to Europe made me feel mature too. Well, this week I am doing something that keeps making me think "wow...this feels so GROWN UP!" I am going to a conference! I have been to a technology in education conference, and I have gone to cheer coaching school and whatnot, but this feels so different. Vickie (my co-teacher) and I are FLYING (ya know, on a plane!) to Corpus Christi on Wednesday night and staying in the Omni and everything! The State Autism Conference starts Thursday morning, and goes through Saturday afternoon. We will fly home on Saturday night. Isn't that exciting? It feels so grown up! They are paying for me to fly to another city and stay in a hotel and I got meal money and everything!
I can't wait for the actual conference! I was trying to look through the packet to decide which workshops and speakers to attend, and there are SO MANY that I can't decide! Autism is a fascinating topic on it's own, but being an educator and having several autistic kids in my life, this makes it even more relevant and meaningful to me! I know I will get some GREAT information and useful ideas...I can't to feel INSPIRED!!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm so excited for you! It's awesome to spend some hotel time and get some cool sessions in too. You deserve it!

Linda said...

Conferences are so much fun - getting to meet new people, seeing things from a different perspective, eating different food... Also, take time to explore the city you are in. Corpus is a fun place to be. I hope you have a great time and learn a lot. You ARE all grown up now and I love you very much!