Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 7

day 7: four turn offs.

1. Bad grammar and table manners. I know I risk sounding snobby by admitting this, but it's probably my most common "turn off." Perhaps because it was so emphasized to me in my youth, I can't stand double negatives, improper conjugations, etc. Equally as bad in my eyes are bad manners at meal time. Eww...

2. Ignorant and close-minded people. I don't think I really have to explain that. I just can't stand when people are so un-accepting and intolerant. You might not agree with others' lifestyles, but it really doesn't affect yours, so get over it!


3. Hearing people brush their teeth or file their nails. I have some sensory issues obviously and it makes my stomach flip to hear or see either of these.


4. The dentist! I have spent the last 15 years of my life going to the most intimate types of doctors, but nothing bothers me more than going to the dentist! I think this partially relates to the sensory issues, because it's not the pain, it's the SOUNDS and FEELING of the tools. Plus, it feels so vulnerable to me to have someone else's hands in your mouth. I love my dentist, and go every six months, without fail, but I have to go to a "specialty" dentist, who gives me an anxiety pill to take the night before. They have leather recliners instead of the typical dentist chairs, and flat screens and head phones and iPods and blankets to make you as comfortable as possible. Thanks goodness I'm not the only baby when it comes to the dentist! :)

No comments: