Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 1

As part of the "10 Days of Blogging," here is...

day 1: ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.  (in no particular order...) 

1. Zac- I know I have been super stressed and preoccupied every since school started. Thanks for understanding, and being patient and supportive, and loving, despite me being emotional and irritable. You are a great husband and I'm lucky you're mine!


2. Liz- I am so proud of who you are, and that you're my sister. You are an amazing woman, mom, wife, and sister! Also, I know this was a while back, but we had so much fun in Shreveport, and I'm so glad you and Andy came! We need to do more stuff like that together.


3. Mama- I had a GREAT weekend with you and Pops...I'm so glad y'all decided to come. Zac and I will both be very happy if I'm just like you when I grow up! :)


4. Stacy- I miss you. I hate that we don't get to see each other very often, but I do think about you all the time. Let's get together soon! I always leave our GT dates feeling happy and refreshed and wondering why we don't do them way more often! :)


5. Ellen- I have too much to say to you to put it all into a blog post. I think you are amazing, and I'm so grateful you're not only my cousin, but a close friend! I feel blessed that you've opened my eyes (and Zac's) to adoption. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us, but no matter what it is, I'm grateful that I have your adoption expertise to help guide us.


6. Tatem- I wish we got to see y'all way more often! You are such a wonderful mother, and Eliza is one of the coolest kids I've ever met. (not that I'm biased or anything!)


7. Eli- I hate that we don't get to talk or text as much as we always have, but I love that despite that fact, I still feel super close to you and consider you one of my best friends! Your happy, non-judgmental, loving spirit is an inspiration to me, and everyone who encounters you. Eli, you have a beautiful soul!!


8. Amy F.-It was so great to see you this weekend. Sam is absolutely precious. You have stepped into the role of mom so well and I love how you were so laid back and go-with-the-flow this weekend! I hope I can travel and be as well adjusted as you are when I am a new mom! 


9. Granny- Thank you for correcting my grammar, and making me use my best table manners at all times. Thank you for stressing the importance of family, and making a point to get us all together when possible. Thanks for sharing hundreds of great stories, that I'll never forget. Thanks for taking each of us on a trip and fostering a love of traveling deep inside of me. Thank you for making me feel so special and loved! I hope I can be just like you when I'm older!


10. Kelle Hampton- (my favorite blogger, who will never read my blog, but I still want to say...) Your words and writing inspire me. Your pictures are gorgeous. I know it sounds kinda cheesy or stalker-ish, but I wish we were friends, like, in real life. I would tell you that I think you are an amazing woman with such a great outlook on life. I'd also tell you that it must be scary and the unknowns of raising a girl with Down Syndrome could be daunting, but there are probably scary unknowns with every kid. I know you;re raising Nella in a way that she will be such a loved and happy girl. Thanks for posting...my evening is always better when I get to look inside your world. :)

5 comments:

Cassie CH said...

I love your "ten things you want to say to ten different people right now." Letting people know how you feel is really important- and it should be done before it's too late. I have to admit I'm also a lover of Kelle Hampton and her blog. I've also thought of how I would love to be friends with her too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

AmyF said...

I feel so special that you said something to me in your blog! We had a great time seeing you this weekend too! I love you so much, I am so glad we are cousins :)

Liz said...

Jules, I love you too! I'm excited to see you guys this weekend. Also, I'm going to call you this evening, so answer your phone.

Stacy said...

I love this 10 days of blogging! Thanks for including me, you know I feel the exact same about you. Looooove.

Ellen Enright said...

What a sweet post Julia!!! Thank you! I can't wait to see what is in your future.