Friday, July 25, 2008

24 hours with Nati

If you know me, it would be impossible for you to not know that I have a new person in my life! My cousin Ellen and her hubby Braegan adopted a little boy from Ethiopia in May, and Nati and I made an instant bond. :) Ellen and Breagan agreed to let me keep him overnight, so this Wednesday, Breagan brought Nati to our house, and last night, we met them in Dallas (half way between our homes) for dinner, and to give him back. I had an amazing time with him, and can not believe how much personality one human can possess!
Wednesday...
Shortly after Nati arrived, it was dinner time. Zac grilled chicken, and I made macaroni, and Nati went back and forth helping both of us! He can stir with the best of 'em, haha! He ate more than Zac and I combined (which amazed both of us!) and so for dessert he wanted a banana. He ate two of them, and they weren't even the miniature ones...they were the big ones! After dinner, we took him and Molly to a nearby lake to feed some fish. We took a bag of goldfish (which was confusing, and I do not recommend taking "fish" to feed "fish" because no one ever knows which "fish" you are actually referring to!) We all had a blast, and if you watch the videos below, you can see that Nati did NOT like the ducks! Probably the best part of the night was riding home from the lake. Nati asked us to turn on some music, and the song that happened to be playing was don't just stand there "Bust A Move!" Nati danced for us, and even started repeating the women singing oo-oh-ah, oo-oh-ah. Very hilarious!






























Thursday
Nati slept in bed with Zac and Molly and me. It was a tight squeeze, but I loved waking up next to him sleeping so sweetly with his hands folded together by his face. When we got up, after some strawberry banana yogurt and a banana, we headed over to a friends house. My friend Michelle has two boys, Camden is five and Nolan is two. We swam a bit, played in the backyard and jumped on their trampoline. After working up quite an appetite we went to a local New York style Pizza place that serves pizza by the slice. I usually just eat one piece since they are so huge (think food court sized pizza!), but Nati the eating champ gobbled his down, telling me "Good Julia!" in between bites. When he was finished with his slice he said "more hungry Julia" so I got him another slice, sure he couldn't finish that whole piece too, but sure enough he did! It was amazing to witness! :) After that we came home for naptime. I thought I would get some school work done when he laid down for nap, but I laid down with him, and I think I probably feel asleep before he did! He is a very energetic kid, so he had worn me out. It was nice to take a nap, and again, wake up next to a little angel. After we were both awake, we had a little snack, wtced YouTube videos, (Nati liked the video of Christian the Lion) and played with Molly, and then before we knew it, it was time to meet Mommy, Daddy, Claire, Aunt Amy, and Juncle John (Nati says Juncle instead of uncle...it is presh!) for dinner in Dallas. When Nati realized I was packing up his bag to go home he started crying. I am glad he had so much fun! I cant wait to have him spend the night again, and I cant wait to be close enough to my neices to have them spend the night too!
Here is a picture of Claire at dinner...She was being so cute. She is a happy girl! When she is older, she will get to have slumber parties with us too! :)

3 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

Nati still talks about you constantly Julia! He had so much fun. Thank you to both of you for having him over to spend the night!

Liz said...

Hey Granny! You cannot change the spelling of his name... Its G-I-A-N!!! :) Sounds like you guys had fun. Madeline can come up to see you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

Love the video of Nati busting a move! You're going to be such a great mom! TOH