Friday, July 25, 2008

Morgan Freeman wanted the dark knight's bucket list?


Chances are, you probably just read the title of this blog post and thought "what the heck is Julia talking about?" Well, my friends, do read on, and you will find out. :) In the last week, I have watched three movies that all (completely unplanned and coincidentally) had Morgan Freeman in them. Don;t worry, I will try very hard not to give too much about the movies away! The first one was Wanted. I have a very similar opinion about the movie as Zac did, so please click HERE to find out what we thought about Wanted. I will say it was my least favorite of the three. The next movie I saw, which I rented (Thank you, whoever invented Red Box!) was Bucket List. This movie had Jack Nickelson, and you guessed it...Morgan Freeman. My husband teased me for choosing it, "let me save you a dollar and two hours and tell you what is gonna happen...they both are gonna die." This movie was so much more than that. I really truly did like it. And if you don't like movies for a good heart-warming message, maybe you would like it because they visit amazing places, which that alone makes the movie worth watching. This was my second favorite of the three, which means that my favorite was...brrrrrrr (my tongue is rolling, like I am doing a drumroll) brrrrrr...The Dark Knight! This is what going to the movie is all about to me. This kind of film, where you are amazed and dazzled and so caught up in it. It was a two and half hour movie, but I honestly did not want it to end. I know some critics complained it was too long, but I don't think it should have been a second shorter. I will say that I did have a swirl of emotions seing Heath Ledger up on the big screen, but as the movie went on, it did go away a little bit. He was brilliant in it, as was everyone else. I highly reccomend you going to see this movie on the big screen. It was phenomenal!
Okay, so now you know I was just trying to be clever when I came up with that title. I had no clue that Morgan Freeman was going to be in either Wanted or The Dark Knight, so I just thought it was kind of funny that I kept "running into him" this week. Have a wonderful weekend, and go see a movie!! If you have not seen Hancock, it is another one I highly reccommend. Click HERE for my review. :)

No comments: