Tuesday, December 16, 2008

1 semester down...only 2 more to go!

I got my grades today and I made 3 A's and 2 B's. I am normally a perfectionist with grades, but considering everything I went through this past semester, I was very happy with what I made. I am also very glad this semester is over! It was probably the toughest semester I have ever been through, emotionally, and I am glad it is behind me!
I got an email from my advisor yesterday, with my assignment for my internship! I start in January. This entails me having class every Monday from 4:30-10 and then being in an elementary school every Tuesday and Wednesday from 7-3:30. I know which school it is, and even which teachers will be over me. I do not know either of them, but I have heard they are both phenomenal! :) I hope they like me! (Who couldn't? haha, just kidding!)
So, after internship is residency, which means in August 09 I start my student teaching, and then graduate in December 2009!!! The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer, and I am so happy and relieved. I am ready to be done with school! I wanna be a Mom, and our deal was that I only do one at a time. So, as soon as school is out of the way...motherhood, here I come! hehe.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Wait, so you only have obligations on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday? I am so jealous!

Congrats on getting good grades and being almost done.

Anonymous said...

congrats... that's funny that they call it residency. You'll make a wonderful teacher, and mother.

Linda said...

I am so proud of you! I love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Julia!!! It will be great to have another teacher in the family!