Monday, December 22, 2008

7 (hundred) Pounds of Heartache

Okay, um, don't have time to write everything I want to, but I will say as much as I can with as few words as possible. Last night we got to check off our first movie from our "to see" list. We went to the 10pm showing of Seven Pounds and I can't say enough good things about this movie! I do not want to give anything away, because I want everyone I know to see this movie. :) I will just say that you do not really know what is going on until the last few minutes, and then everything is so powerful. I cried so hard my face hurt, I couldn't breathe, and my heart was literally in pain. I would compare it to John Q. or Family Man....it is that kind of heartache!!!
Also, I think that Will Smith and Rosario Dawson (who I suddenly find very gorgeous and intriguing) could win an award for this movie! The writing, the story, the acting, the music, everything about this movie is perfect!
Go see this movie! Then post a comment and tell me what you thought!
Click HERE to listen to some of my favorite songs from the movie! I love Nick Drake's song (which is also in Garden State, another classic) and "It's a New Dawn, It's a New Day" by MUSE (this band was featured in Twilight too, and gave Stephenie Meyer her inspiration to write the Twilight series). The soundtrack on iTunes is just all the scores, so you have to go to the above site to see the "real" songs. :) Ch-ch-check 'em out! Or Else! haha

2 comments:

Stacy said...

oohhh this post will make me go see 7 Pounds now. Because I didn't really want to see it before but because of YOU, I will go. :-)

kingdomforavoice said...

Paris at Christmas is hard to explain, a lot of the Maries and buisnesses do a lot of decorating but somehow it's restrained. There aren't christmas carols blasting at you 24/7 or santas ringing bells on every corner, it's nice. Since they don't have sales you don't have all the ads and commercials in your face either, it's more of what christmas should be in my opinion. I'm sure i didn't capture what it's like but there you go.