Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oklahoma Pics

Okay, so I decided I am a busy girl and if I keep postponing this post until I have tons of time to write all the amazing things and tell all the funny stories, that I want to...it will never happen. So, I am going to let the pictures tell the stories (and a few captions, too!) We got out of school Friday, November 21st for the entire week of Thanksgiving. We decided to go to Oklahoma for the weekend, to spend some time on Zac's family's land. First, I stopped by Stacy's Wine Party, which was a blast! I wish I could have stayed longer!
Zac picked me up and we headed straight to Oklahoma. We arrived at the ranch about midnight. I woke up early on Saturday morning, but I was so excited and of course could not fall back asleep. I think Molly was pumped too. We bundled up and went outside to do ranch stuff...








I decided to learn how to work the cattle (give the sick ones shots, tag their ears, move them around to different pins and pastures, etc.) It was quite a learning experience for me, and Uncle Ken was kind enough to answer all 5 jillion questions I asked. :) He is a real, honest, cowboy! It was cool to get to tag along with him, and even help a little when I could.

When we were on top of the ridge, I climbed on Zac's back and he said my favorite line from the movie Twilight... "YOU BETTER HOLD ON TIGHT SPIDER MONKEY!!!!!!" Ha ha ha!


To see all of the Oklahoma pictures (and a few videos) go to my Picasa page! I took tons of fun pics...this is just a preview.

3 comments:

Liz said...

not to be a twilight dork, but i'm pretty sure the line is "hold on tight, spider monkey"

Julia said...

hahahahaha, you are a twilight dork, but I am the bigger dork for writing "spider monday" instead of "spider monkey." I guess my fingers detached from my brain there for a second. thanks for catching that...i fixed it! :)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute shot! Thanks for feeling the Twilight love with me!
Karla