Saturday, December 20, 2008

From Busy to Lazy

The past week was quite busy for me. (hence the reason I have not posted in a while.) I had four Christmas parties to attend (one for the athletic department, and three cheerleading ones), as well as lots of shopping, a little Southern Living at HOME stuff, and plus my cousin Amy came into town and stayed two nights with me! It was very busy, but fun too.
I guess my favorite of the four parties I attended this week was the Freshmen Cheer party (my squad) which was last night. We had so much fun, and the girls and their moms were in such great moods. The girls got silly and sang Christmas Karaoke, which was a hoot. I love that they are old enough to be mature and have intelligent conversation, but still young enough to have fun without having to worry quite yet about "looking cool." We had lots of snacks (the orange chicken from Costco was my favorite! I want to buy some for myself sometime. I reccomend you try it if you get the chance. It comes frozen in a box and you cook the chicken in the oven and the glaze on the stove...very easy yet super tasty!) and we decorated ornaments. It was so neat. I guess I have been too busy to really catch the Christmas Spirit, UNTIL Friday night. It was such a fun time. Probably the best part of the whole night though, was when we delivered gifts to a family we adopted. The mom has a first grade daughter and fifth grade boy. Their circumstances are grim and unimaginable, but the girls did an amazing job interacting with both the kids and the mom. I was so so proud of them. They truly understand what it's all about...giving to those in need. It was an experience I will never forget! Truly touching! Both the cheerleaders, and the mom cried, and we were all pretty emotional. The amount of stuff the girls bought this family was astounding! I have never seen one family get so many toys, clothes, books, and the mom got dishes, pots and pans and clothes for herself! My cheerleaders went way above and beyond...it was remarkable!
Anyways, so now that my hectic week is over, it is time to relax and soak up the much needed family time. As of now we are in Austin, but we will also be going to Houston and Burnet. Mom is in Houston, but Papa took Zac and I out to eat to celebrate my good grades. It was fun. I love Austin. I miss it all the time, but when I am here, it's almost painful knowing that at some point I will have to leave again. I can not wait to move back here. The people are different, the attitude is different, and it's BIG! :)
Zac and I have set a goal to see the following movies over the break. We are going back and forth as to whether we should split them up, or just go one Saturday and see them back to back. Haha, I am voting to split them up! :) Here are the ones we are dying to see...

Gran Torino-This is the one I want to see the most. I think it looks amazing! I love Clint Eastwood's character.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons-Brad Pitt...need I say more? Sounds like a neat story.
Valkyrie-Tom Cruise kinda creeps me out, but I still want to see this, and Zac really wants to.
Seven Pounds-What is this movie about? I have to go just to find out (and it looks good!). I think they were super vague in the previews just to make us curious.
Frost/Nixon-Zac doesn't actuall want to see this one or Doubt, but I want to see both of them.
Doubt-This looks disturbing but I think it will be a good one.

(If you are unfamiliar with the title, you should click on it to watch the trailer. They all look so good to me! I'm excited just writing about them!)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

YAY Austin! Are you guys planning to move back here? Be sure to go to the trail of lights before you leave. :)

Liz said...

I want to see Doubt also. Lets go in Katy. :)