Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

Brrr! It is soooooo cold! We had a two hour delay to schools and businesses starting today because of the icy roads. I hate cold weather. My fingers hurt typing on the darn keyboard because my arthritis is acting up so badly! (I know, I'm such an old lady! It's sad!) If the weather would just stay hot or stay cold, then at least we could get used to it, but this changing back and forth all the time just plain sucks. Okay, now that I got my whining out of the way...
I had a great weekend! Ramsi's mom invited Zac and I over for soup on Friday night. It was so SO delicious! I am going to try to get the recipe. She calls it tortilla soup, but I think it is more like chicken enchilada soup, because it's creamy and not brothy. (is that even a word? ha!) Anyways, we had so much fun. Ram's family was a delight. She has a brother that is a sophomore and a sister in eighth grade, so it was a blast to see the siblings interact. Sometimes I wish I came from a bigger family. I love my family and my childhood and all that, but when I see big families like Zac's and Ramsi's I think they have something pretty special too. :) I was on my best behavior, so I hope to get invited back. I love family, and even if it's not my own, there is something magical about being with a family sitting around the table and enjoying a home-cooked meal together!
Saturday my dad came in town to watch a playoff game that our town was hosting. Zac actually had to "work" the game, but that just meant he had to sit next to the scoreboard guy and announcer and be a spotter. I did not even know this job existed, but I got to watch him in action, and basically he would just tell the announcer what number had the ball and which number tackled him. An extra pair of eyes. My dad and I got to sit in the press box which was fun. It was so nice to be at a game and not have to be keeping up with cheerleaders. Not to mention, the press box at our stadium gives you the VIP treatment. They have food catered in and people are asking if you want a refill of your drinks and stuff. It's fun. The game was not great (one team won really bad, and it was NOT the team we were rooting for) but it was still fun to have some father/daughter time. :) After the game we came home and watched them announce who won the heisman, and that took my dad into a deep dark depression. haha, not really, but he was upset about it. So we had to get out of the house, so we went and got cookies and custard. It was kinda random, but fun.
Sunday morning I woke up early and went into Dallas to watch my cousin Robin run the White Rock Half marathon. I was so proud of her...she did amazing, AND she has a stress fracture in her right foot! She finished like a champ though! It is so neat to watch a marathon! If you never have, I highly recommend it! This was my second one to watch and it is so inspiring! I personally think the participants are crazy, but it is so cool to watch them pour their hearts into it, and it's also amazing to watch all the perfect strangers cheering on people they have never seen and will never see again. It is a nice moment for humanity...very cool! :)
Sunday night was the athletic department Christmas party. It was at a country club this year and was so fun! They had the Knights of Columbus there and had poker tables and craps and blackjack and stuff. It was so cool. They definitely thought "outside of the box" and I would say it was a huge success! :)
It was a low-key but wonderful weekend. I can not wait until next weekend, when I will be with all of my family! Now that I am finished with school (WOOHOO!!) I am enjoying just hanging around the house (it's been too cold to get out and about). My cousin Amy is coming tomorrow night to spend the day with me Thursday, and we are going to do some Christmas shopping. I usually get kinda blue in the winter, but luckily it has not been too bad this year. I think it is because I am so busy, and I have been surrounded by friends and family! I am a very blessed and happy little girl! :)

No comments: