Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Don't Forget Our Troops

This holiday season while we are eating a feast and laughing with our family, don't forget about those who are not able to. I continue to pray for our troops, their safety, and a quick homecoming! We also need to remember the families of those who have lost loved ones, and those who are waiting for their loved ones to return home.
I'll bet you $100 that you can't watch this video without crying...

Last night at the Varsity basketball game, a group of kids from an elementary school did a halftime performance. They did sign language and sang "God Bless The USA." It was so moving...I had a painful lump in my throat for five minutes straight! It was so special that the kids know the song (and the sign laguage), and even better to stop and actually listen to the words and think about their meaning...
If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for this post Jules. Remember in elementary school when you sang this song almost everyday? What was your teacher's name and what grade was it?

Julia said...

Yeah, it was in fourth grade in Mrs. Crowe's class. She played it at the end of EVERY single day and we listened to it quietly while we got our backpacks ready to go and lined up at the door. Haha, I knew every word to that song! :)