Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

For my resolution this year, I decided to give up all sodas. I have done this for lent several times (only six weeks!), but never for a year. I actually told myself I would do it on a trial basis for January, and then see how it goes from there. Hopefully I will quit craving Dr. Peppers and I will get used to drinking water and lemonade and stuff, and after January, I will decide to keep going. Unfortunantly I do not have the strongest will power, but I think a nice challenge will do me good. :) One thing that does make it easier is that Zac gave them up about 10 weeks ago, so we are in it together! For his resolution, he gave up french fries (one of his favorites!) and all chips, which means no more chips and salsa (another of his favorite snacks!!). We are trying to be healthier (obviously) and as I get closer to the time when we can start expanding our family, I will be much better off to have a healthier body and diet. We also made an unofficial resolution (not really calling it a resolution, just a goal) to walk Molly daily, which means we will be walking ourselves daily too! :) I will keep yall posted on how it is going. I feel like it is much easier to keep promises to yourself when you really want to, and I think I am in the right frame of mind about it, so hopefully (fingers crossed) we will be able to keep our resolutions.
Oh, and I took over 400 pictures over the past two weeks, so I am sorting them out and getting ready to write a few posts. Thanks for being patient. I DO have lots to share! :)

2 comments:

Mel and Nancy said...

ok Julia, me too about the sodas. Zac has inspired me and now you too. Stay strong!! (and you realize I am talking to myself also) Love in the H2O zone--Nancy

kingdomforavoice said...

No chips and Salsa!! I can't condone such outrageous behavior.