Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Princess Claire turns 2!

On Sunday, Zac and I went to McKinney for Claire's birthday party. It was a small party, just family, but it was so much fun. It was kinda nice to have a more intimate party because we all got to visit with each other. Ellen and Braegan, yall know how to throw a party! :)
Nati was shy when I first arrived, which has never happened before. It was cute though, and when it was time to eat, he made sure to sit right next to me. :) Claire has matured alot since Thanksgiving. She is talking lots more, and her personality is getting bigger by the day. She is the prissiest (is that a word?) little girl I have ever been around, and I LOVE IT! It is so cute. She is so girly, she even runs girly! (arms raised and out to the sides, so funny and cute)
It was a lovely party and it was great to spend a few hours with family. I enjoy living close to them, and am purposely appreciative, since I know we will not live near them forever. Here are some pics...

Ellen cutting the cake. The party was Sesame Street themed! :)

Claire playing with the piggybank toy we gave her. The Princess dress was from Aunt Tara and was quite a hit!

There was even a pinata. It was cool because instead of hitting it with a stick and being blindfolded, the kids took turns pulling a string. Several streamers were hanging down, and one of them opened the trap and let the candy out. Pretty cool, huh? Check out the video of Claire squealing as the candy fell all around her...

Before we left, we wanted to get a picture with Claire and Nati. It's not the best picture, but still pretty cute. :) Have I ever mentioned that I can not wait to have kids??

3 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad Zac is doing his signature pose, "the finger point". :) It looks like so much fun, I really wish we lived closer to all of you!

Liz said...

The pinata kind of looks like Elmo is pooping candy on Nati and Claire. I just laughed so loud at work!

Ellen Enright said...

I like your post. You got some great pics. Thanks for the email. I checked them all out. Thank you also so much for coming.