Thursday, January 15, 2009

Introducing Jayma Simpson



I was going to name this post "more random ramblings" but then I decided that if I keep posting once a week about random and various entertainment things, I would quickly get tired of having stupid titles. So, I decided to make a new persona. Does anyone recognize the name Mario Lavandeira? Nope? tWell, that is because he goes by Perez Hilton. He is a celebrity/entertainment blogger. Well, since I have been blogging about the entertainment world so much lately, I decided I needed my own cool blogger name. "Perez Hilton" is obviously a knock-off of one of Mario's favorite celebs Paris Hilton. I don't have just one favorite celebrity, but I guess the person I have been the most obsessed with in my life would be Ashlee Simpson, so I guess (lame as it may be) my celeb blogger name will be Jayma Simpson. (Jayma just sounds sassy, don't you think?) This is not set in stone, and I am open for ideas, so please...feel free to comment! :) In fact, one of the reasons I am doing this is because last time I wrote about random stuff I got LOTS of comments and it made me super happy, so hopefully yall will let the comments flow, haha.

Reporting from the desk of Jayma Simpson...

1. Have you heard Kelly Clarkson's new song "My Life Would Suck Without You?" I don't like the title, but the song is very fun. Her last album was tragic, and this is more on track with the "Since You Been Gone" days, so I am excited! :) I saw her in concert in The Woodlands, and she is absolutely phenomenal. Plus, she is a 'down-to-Earth' Texas girl, and was the first American Idol EVER, so you pretty much have to love her!

2. Speaking of American Idol, it started tonight! I usually do not enjoy at all the first few weeks of Idol. There are really bad singers and sometimes the judges are mean, which is not very fun for me to watch. My kind husband ONLY likes the first few weeks (the bad singers) and quits liking it when it actually gets competitive. I tuned in tonight with excitement about the new season, but for the most part, very low expectations for the first few weeks. Well, I have to say that I loved it. I laughed so hard, my abs got a workout! I also like the new judge, Kara.
3. I missed the Golden Globes. :( If you know me, you know that for me, this is like missing the end of year trip to Six Flags in elementary school. I so look forward to it, I love award shows. I am so sad that I just completely forgot all about it, and Devon, my DVR didn't remember either. (Okay, so I forgot to tell Devon to record it, but still.) Don't worry, I watched the red carpet on E! twice, so I did get to see what everyone wore. Whose dress was y'alls favorite? I LOVED Kate Winslet's and Eva Longoria's! (I usually hate the color red, but I loved Eva's dress so much!) Eva Mendes took a risk, but I liked her too! To see pics (in case you don't have their dresses memorized, haha) click HERE.
4. Oh, The Bachelor. Girls, put away the claws. Are you here to meet a great guy, or did you come to fight with other girls that you will probably never see again (except at the awkward reunion at the end of the season)? I mean, I get so annoyed at some of these girls. And call me old fashioned, but I like watching the guys courting the girl (ahem, the Bachelorette) better than these girls throwing themselves at him. I understand that it is risky to say that, but it's just my opinion. Some of these girls look so pathetic. Also, if it bugs you that he is kissing another girl, um, ya probly shouldn'ta come on the show, honey!
5. Okay, have any of you seen Burn After Reading? I would like to say it might be the worst movie I have ever seen! I was mad when it was over, and felt like I had just wasted two hours of my life. I really want to meet someone who liked it, so if you did, please speak up. Maybe I missed something.
6. I can't wait to see what the beautiful Obama's wear to the Inauguration! I have Devon set to record the whole day...it's like ten hours or something like that. (Yes, I plan on fast forwarding through alot of it.) What an exciting day next tuesday will be in our nation, and how fitting that it falls the day after Martin Luther King, Jr. day!!! :)
7. I have a new obsession, which deserves its own post, but I will just give you a hint... 30 ROCK! Oh my gosh...I LOVE IT!

8 comments:

Liz said...

Sasha Simpson sounds like a combo btwn Sasha Fierce, and Ashlee Simp.

Liz said...

you are a nerd and a half for naming your dvr!

~S said...

Ditto Liz re: Devon. ;) I love me some 30 Rock! And I agree with Zac- American Idol is only good at the beginning. ~T

Julia said...

I had "Jules Simpson" at first, but that was too boring. I needed something more sassy and cutting edge, so I chose Sasha. :)

Anonymous said...

I love Sasha Simpson ... and the new Kelly Clarkson song, thanks to you. I've been listening to it on www.playlist.com since i got back to school today. Also, I saw Burn After Reading this past weekend (weird, that you always write about stuff I do too....) and have to agree with you. Aside from laughing at Brad Pitt every now and then from being so incredibly dorky, it was very odd. Enjoyed lunch today, thanks again :-0
-Stacy

Anonymous said...

Jayma,

I don't even know where to start. These post are too entertaining for words. Keep 'em coming.

Your pal,

Devon

breck8199 said...

Your DVR is posting comments on your blog, I am a little worried.

Ellen Enright said...

You are too much Julia!
Completely agree with Burn After Reading. AWFUL!!