Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Banquet and Begging

Saturday night was the annual football banquet. In the town we live it, everything is very over the top, so the high school football banquet (as well as the cheer banquet, which is coming up) is semi-formal and very fancy. My favorite part of the banquet was seeing some of my favorite cheerleaders, who were there as dates to football players, all dressed up and looking pretty.
Here are the senior cheerleaders that were there, which happen to be some of my favorites from last year and this year. The dress on the far right was my favorite dress of the whole banquet...isn't it gorgeous? The back had a cutout square and two black bows connecting one side to the other. (hard to explain, but beautiful!) I told her she deserved the "best dressed" award! Oh, and you can always click on any picture on my blog to see it enlarged. :)Here are some of my freshmen cheerleaders that were at the banquet. They look so grown up!
Zac and I gave blood on Saturday, and neither of us really felt up to going out with some of the other coaches after the banquet. We came home and just pretty much went to bed, but first we took some pics with Molly. She has been a little clingy since we started back to school, and I don't blame her. She went from having us 24/7 to barely seeing us at all. Pobrecita!
Molly has never been afraid of being vocal when she wants something. Once at my parents house she sat at the bottom of a bookshelf for thirty minutes crying and whining, with an occasional bark. I thought she was going insane, and then I finally realized that there was a tennis ball resting on top of some books on the top shelf. How she knew it was there was beyond me, but hey, no one can say she's not persistent. Recently if we are cooking, or online, or watching tv, and not paying attention to her, she will sit at our feet and beg and cry for attention. (that makes us sound like bad parents, but I promise she gets plently of love, affection, and attention...she just wants it non-stop!) I was laying in bed the other evening watching Ellen, and she wanted me to play tug-of-war with her. See for yourself how pathetic she sounds, and how annoyed she gets when I imitate her...



Fellow Pop-Tarts! (my friends who love pop/hip-hop/rap/pop culture):
1. How amazing is THIS new song by Flo Rida? It might be a bit PG-13, but it is so fun and catchy, and it's a remake of that awesome old song "watch out here I come...you spin me right round, baby, right round, like a record baby, right round, round, round."
2. Surely y'all have already heard Kelly Clarkson's new song. Well, the video for it has leaked onto the web. Check it out.

2 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

You look so pretty in those pictures. Great dress!!
Molly cracks me up. I think my favorite thing about her though, is how she is excellent with kids.

Linda said...

You and Molly are quite a team!
You and Zac look great all dressed up. Looks like y'all had fun.