Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday Dinner

Zac just made me scrambled eggs and toast and chocolate milk for dinner. I loved it! It was very nostalgic for me. Growing up, Sunday nights were the one night a week that we were each on our own for dinner, or we ate together but had a low-key meal. We always went out to eat lunch after church and had a big meal, so Sunday nights we often had grilled cheese or scrabled eggs or just a bowl of cereal of something. Something just feels right about having a light meal on Sunday night, as you get ready for the week ahead. Zac and I had some nice conversation over dinner. When I told him about my childhood Sunday night meals, we started comparing favorite foods as a kid and other stuff. For example, neither of us had French Toast growing up, but we both loved Cinnamon Toast. :) I liked to drink chocolate milk on occasion, and Zac drank Strawberry milk. Haha, we have been married four and a half years and had never talked about all this until tonight. Funny huh? It sounds so petty, but having scrabled eggs tonight, on a Sunday night, it made me feel very at home, and reminiscent. We hope to pass on little "unofficial" traditions like this to our kids.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Baw and Nancy got in town about 3:30 today. We ate at Kerbey Lane and Baw, Papa, and I all had eggs of some sort for dinner. Baw and I had pancakes too. They were yummy! How sweet of Zac to fix you eggs for dinner. Zac cooking Sunday dinner is a good tradition to start!!!

Liz said...

Now I'm in the mood for scrambeled eggs and chocolate milk. I bought choc. milk a few weeks ago just for fun / nostalgia, and gave madeline a glass. For a whole week she kept on telling me we needed to go to the store to buy more "other" milk.