Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spring Break 09!

Zac and I are going on our first real trip together as a couple this spring break!! (Corpus Christi doesn't count!) We have both flown since getting married, but never together. We booked our flights today and we are going to....(drumroll, please).......Seattle and Portland! :) We are so super excited. We had been talking about wanting to go just this weekend with my mom. Everything fell in to place perfectly, and it seems that it is fate that we are going on this trip. We were originally supposed to be going to Spain/Europe this summer, but that has been put off to next summer 2010, when I have actually been working for a year, so we have more moolah. So this trip is a nice little baby step leading up to our big trip next summer! :)
You might be wandering "Why Portland/Seattle?" Well, my friends, have no fear. I have prepared a David Letterman style list for that...

Top Ten Reasons we're Visiting the Northwest Coast:
10. Southwest Airlines was running a special, 50% flights to Seattle.
9. Zac loves Sleepless in Seattle, and I like Jason, The Bachelor from Seattle.
8. The trees and mountains are supposed to be amazing!

7. If something happens to us, we can meet the doctors of Seattle Grace Hospital. (paging McDreamy...paging McSteamy...stat!)
6. Space Needle, anyone?

5. It is near the place where Bella fell in love with Edward, therefore obviously romantic. (And full of diamond skinned Vampires! That is two reasons, really!)

4. We get to see Uncle Bill, who lives in Kent, right outside of Seattle. If you were at our wedding, there is NO way you forgot Uncle Bill. :)

3. I was awarded extra scholarship money for my good grades (3.9 GPA, big balla!) and we thouught a trip would be more fun than a new piece of furniture.
2. Did I mention Twilight? Probably not enough.
AND, Ladies and Gentlemen, the number one reason we are taking and so excited about this trip...
1. We get to stay with Zac's awesome cousin Luke, and his equally amazing wife Kayla!! :)

If you want to see more pictures, check out their BLOG. I think it is honestly what made me want to take this trip so badly! The land is gorgeous! We can not wait!!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I am glad you were able to fit Twilight into your list twice! I bet that's Zac's number one reason for going. He told me he wanted to go on a Twilight tour of the forest, visit Forks, find the place they played baseball, etc.

Linda said...

Zac also wants to try transporting through the forest with Julia riding piggyback! Y'all will have a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Julia -- Robert and I have had some wonderful times in Seattle. There is a great REI you must go to. The largest one, just like huge buildings, very fun. There is a wonderful Rain Forest that we spent a week hiking through, it was so beautiful!
I have always gone in Aug./Sept., to miss some of the rain, but we really love Seattle. Have fun!

Stacy said...

I'm SO jealous! I've always wanted to go to Portland. I've been to Seattle and its beautiful. You guys will have so much fun!