Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jayma Simpson's Oscar Picks

Oscar nominations were released today, since the actual awards show will be in exactly one month, February 22nd. Although I have never seen ALL the movies that are up, I feel I saw a healthy bunch of movies this year, but I still haven't seen alot of the ones nominated. Maybe I need to do some catching up! :) It was a good year for the movies, if you ask me. Here are the nominations, and my picks (which is who I want to win, not necessarily who I think will win)...

1. Best Picture: "Slumdog Millionaire"

2. Actor: Brad Pitt "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"

3. Actress: Anne Hathaway "Rachel Getting Married"

4. Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"

5. Supporting Actress: Amy Adams, "Doubt"

To see the complete list of nominees, click here. But excuse me, where was Seven Pounds, and Gran Torino? Surely they didn't miss the cutoff, how could they have been overlooked? I am absolutely dumbfounded!! Rosario Dawson deserved an award for supporting actress (or would that be best actress), and Clint Eastwood CERTAINLY deserved best actor! :( Hmph!!!

UPDATE (1/25/09) The more I think about it, the more upset I am that Gran Torino was snubbed! It was such a powerful and amazing movie, with the best acting and writing and everything. I just don't understand. Seven Pounds was also great, but I'm not as mad about that one. I recommended Gran Torino to a friend and she just saw it last night and called to tell me how wonderful it was, which made me angry all over again that it's not being recognized. Well, Clint Eastwood, I would like to recognize you. Job Well Done!!!

P.S.-Zac and I just Revolutionary Road this past weekend and we both thought it was horrible. Did anyone like it? We thought it was awful. My blood is bubbling just thinking about it. Anyways, if you go to see it, don't say I didn't warn you! But if any of you did like it, I want to hear from you. Why? How?

No comments: