Sunday, January 4, 2009

OUR 12 Days of Christmas

Zac and I were gone for a 12 day trip this year for Christmas. I am going to just list a few of my favorite things about each day. I mean, we saw friends, family, it was the holidays...this post could be never ending! :) I had a really hard time picking just a few pictures, but I wanted to give yall a little sample. For all the pictures, check out my PICASA page. Make sure you read the captions, I like to explain or comment on the picture! :) Also, I uploaded several CUTE videos you must see on my ProudAuntJules YouTube page.

Saturday, December 20-Drove to Waco and had lunch with my dad and Uncle Mel. Zac stayed with them in Waco to watch a state playoff game, and I drove on to Austin. Papa took us out to eat to celebrate the end of my semester and my good grades. :)
Sunday-I had brunch with my friend/big brother Danny. It was his birthday so we went to Kirby Lane to celebrate and eat some big yummy pancakes. Hot pancakes with a friend on a cold day is the best! :) Mom returned home from Houston with Madeline, so we played and then went to eat at Carinos. I have never seen a person love spaghetti more than she did!Monday- Tatem and Eliza came over for a playdate with Madeline. They were so cute together!! I have two amazing nieces! For dinner that night we went over to the Willey's house. Mom and Patti were friends in college and even roommates for awhile. Patti and Van have three kids (about our age), and we have been friends forever. I love having old friends, who you played with in diapers. Now we are married, starting families and all that fun stuff. It's awesome to have friends you have known since before you could remember, and to know that our kids will be friends too. :)
Tuesday- We met up with the Donaldson's (our best friends from Burnet) in Round Rock for lunch and then ice skating. Chris's mom lives in Georgetown, so it is nice to get to see each other over the holidays and summer and spring break when we are both in the Austin area at the same time. They are amazing friends and we miss living down the road from them. Tuesday evening we headed to Katy.Wednesday- Christmas Eve! We woke up at Liz's house and went into Houston to see Baw and have lunch with her. After a few hours at her house, we all loaded up and headed back to Katy to spend the night at the Bartlett's, where we had Christmas.Thursday- Christmas!! My cousin Chris who lives in Denver surprised us all by driving down for the special day. Madeline did not rush through gifts...she wanted to spend a little time with each toy, which was cute. She got a spring horse from Baw and a sit-n-spin from my parents, so it was fun to see her reaction to those big gifts. We had a big group, since Andy's family was there also, but it was a wonderful day...very fun. I got to take a big fat nap, which was nice too! We had to take Molly to the Animal Hospital (read below for details) that night, which was horrible, but overall it was still an amazing day!Friday- Every year on the day after Christmas we get together with all of my Grandfather's side of the family. My mom's cousins and their kids and grand kids. It's funny because my cousins Karen and Laura live in the D/FW area, but I don't get to see them much (which I plan on changing), so it is nice to know for sure that I will see them on the 26th each year. Friday night we continued a tradition we started last year by going to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and drinks. It was alot of fun, of course!Saturday- We drove to Burnet for our Christmas with the Oldhams. Tatem and Eliza were already there, so we all went out to eat at Tamale King, which was my favorite restaurant when we lived in Burnet. After dinner, Mom and I went grocery shopping, and then I made some chocolate chip cookies. I forgot to follow some of the directions, but they still turned out delish!Sunday- Oldham Christmas Eve. Eli and Scott arrived to town and we had a spaghetti lunch and festive dinner. The Oldham tradition is to do snack food stuff for Christmas eve, so we had queso, spinach artichoke dip, meatballs, salsa, and much much more. We had the best time sitting around the table (ALL 10 OF US!) and laughing and telling Christmas stories from our childhoods. We painted ornaments and sang carols. It was great. Dad got anxious, and the time felt right, so we ended up opening gifts on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas. We each got one gift, since we drew names this year, but I think everyone put alot of thought into the gift since they only had to buy one. It was neat to go slow and see what everyone got. Eliza got TONS of stuff...she was so cute and funny.Monday- Oldham Christmas! :) Before we ate a big scrumptious meal of turkey and dressing and all that fun stuff, we went to a friend of Mom's house and got to play with 8 beautiful Boston Terrier puppies. Needless to say, I was in love, and it was hard to leave without one. (I think Molly's eye injury made it easier, since I knew I needed to devote all of my attention to her.) Monday evening we drove to Llano (which is like 30 minutes from Burnet) to meet my parents and my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Mel and cousin Matt (who is usually in London) at their favorite restaurant Coopers Bar-B-Que. After dinner we headed to Austin to spend more time with my cousin Matt, and to do some shopping.Tuesday-Shopping on SoCo (South Congress in Austin) and at the Round Rock Outlet Mall, and spending time with the fam. We went to a bar called Bagpipes to eat and watch the Oklahoma State football game. Poor Zac...his team didn't win.
Wednesday-headed home to Midlothian. We had a laid back New Years Eve...just went out to eat at the Outback and then rented The Dark Knight, which we hadn't seen since it was in the theaters last summer. We were kinda lame, but it was nice to be low key, after such an eventful 12 days. :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

We had so much fun with you guys! I'm so glad we were able to have so many people at our house for Christmas. It was so special to have all of our family together.