Thursday, August 14, 2008

Excitement in the air...

As much as I hate that the summer is over, and Zac and I are headed back to our crazy lives and schedules again, I can not deny that there is excitement in the air! I have been up at the high school every day this week with cheerleading two-a-days, and I can't explain the way I feel. I remember having this feeling as a teenager, when I was in high school. It is when the band is outside practicing, the drumline is working on their cadences (which always pump me up!), the school parking lot is full of cars, football players are practicing, cheerleaders are practicing, volleyball girls are practicing...and there is just this buzz of excitement and anticipation in the air. What will the new year bring? Will this be the best year ever? etc... I thought I was too old to feel this way (actually, I just had not thought about the feeling or if I would feel it, until it came on) but I guess since I am married to a football coach, and coaching cheerleaders, I feel it just as strong (if not stronger) than I did as a teenager! It might sound corny, but it's so true! It seems that everyone (students and teacher, and administrators alike) return from summer break with a new perspective and a sense of being refreshed. I can't wait to see what this year brings. I am hoping for the best, and scared of the worst. I will be coaching the cheerleaders AND taking 18 hours of coursework, so I know it will be a fall I never forget. Thank goodness I get happy/nervous like a kid, and this excitement carries me through the bad days! Nonetheless...wish me luck this year. I will need it with the cheerleaders! ha!

No comments: