Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Family, Olympics, Naps

As mentioned in my last post, Liz, Andy and Madeline came to visit this weekend. We had a great time! Zac and I were antsy all day Friday waiting for them to arrive. We turned on the Olympics opening ceremony and that helped pass the time. I don't think we turned the Olympics off all weekend! They finally got here around 10pm and we chatted for awhile, put Madeline to bed, and then played Loaded Questions. If you have never played this board game, I suggest you check it out. It is quite a hoot and can be twisted into a very silly crazy game, which provides several memorable quotes to help you remember the game all weekend long! ;) Saturday we had a leisurely morning and then got in the car to show the Bartlett's our town. That only took about five minutes, so after that we went to a nearby lake to let Madeline feed the fish. (The same place we took Nati.) After that we drove up to Dallas to meet Amy, Gian, Ellen, Breagan, Nati and Claire for lunch. We went to a yummy place called The Dream Cafe, and I think every one of us loved our food. Thanks for the recommendation Robin...we wish you could have come! We had lots of fun and good conversation at lunch and then afterwords let the kids play outside for a bit. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE hot weather and really hate sweating? Ugh...I do, and boy was it hot! Anyways, after lunch we came home and had a relaxing afternoon watching Olympics and drifting in and out of naps. In fact, I think Madeline was the only one who did NOT fall asleep, haha! After finally waking up, Zac and I had to stop by a coaching social at his head coach's house, so we took Madeline with us, to show her off. I am so glad we drug her with us...she had so much fun. They had a little bouncy house in the backyard that Madeline would hardly get out of. Here is a pic of her jumping, with the boys patiently waiting for their turn, and watching her every move. It was so funny! Andy you better start working on your intimidation techniques...You are gonna be in trouble when she's older, hehe! (You can click on any picture I post in my blog to view it larger! I also added a few videos of her to my YouTube channel.) When we got home, the guys grilled some fajita meat while Liz and I got everything else ready inside. Liz was in charge of the guacamole, so of course I took care of my specialty...queso. I like to think that I am a queso pro, but apparently I am losing my skills. Everything was fine, I stirred it, put it back in for 30 more seconds, then left to go play with Madeline. When Liz opened the microwave after it beeped, this is what she found...isn't that pathetic? She was so nice to clean it before i even got back from playing! But she did take a picture, which I will never live down, haha. We had a wonderful fajita dinner and then it was time for Madeline's bath! She wanted to bathe in our big master bath, but don't you dare think about turning on the jets. Liz told me she hates them, but every kid loves bubbles, right? So I turned them on for a second and she screamed and climbed up my body. Poor thing. I felt bad. After that little mishap, it was nothing but fun. So fun, I decided to change clothes and get in with her. She loved pouring water on my legs and laughing when she got some on my clothes. It was one of those moments that feels priceless, and you step back for a moment in your mind and think "this is amazing. I will never have this exact moment ever again." Sounds cheesy, but hopefully y'all know what I mean. :) My absolute, number one, favorite time to see/hug/hold a kid is when they get out of the tub. Their hair is all wet and usually their little bellies are poking out from dinner...so cute! (I remember I used to always love being at the Donaldson's and the kids would get out of the bath and be soaking wet and then put on their skin tight jammies...ah memories!) Soon after Madeline's bath, we went back to watching (guess what...?) the Olympics and Madeline passed out on the floor in the living room. She was a tired puppy from playing so hard all day. The rest of us played Farkle (amazing dice game...tell me if you have never heard of it. I think all of my family probably has though!) and had lots of fun again. Sunday morning Liz and Andy left around 10:15 and we were sad to see them go. I was so tired from staying up late and waking up extra early (we were on Madeline time, after all) so I immediately layed down for a nap. I woke up in time for lunch, watched some olympics, and then fell back asleep for an afternoon nap. I love napping on Sundays, and I love Olympics (have I ever mentioned that? ha!), so it was a splendid afternoon. Zac and I rented a movie that my friend Michelle suggested called The Mozart and The Whale. It is an indie film about two people with Asperger's Syndrome who meet and fall in love. Since I am fascinated by Autism and Asperger's, I especially enjoyed the movie. It also helped that Josh Hartnett in it, and he's not too hard on the eyes. Am I right, ladies? haha! Anyways, I feel like I am going on and on, so I will just say that we had an AWESOME, AMAZING, SUPERB weekend, full of family, olympics, and naps!! I already can't wait for the Bartlett's to come back and visit again! :)

It was so hard for me to narrow it down to just these pictures for this blog post!!!To see ALL the pics from this weekend, look at the slideshow in the sidebar, titled Hot Hot August. You can click on it to see the pictures larger, if you want.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful weekend. The pictures are great too! Linda (your mother)

Liz said...

We had so much fun! We can't wait to see you guys in September!