Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thank You Olympics!

Thanks for bringing our country together! Thanks for giving us something positive to focus on and talk about, as a break from war and gas prices and elections. Thanks for making me proud to be an American, and proud to sing The National Anthem! Thanks for making the past week so pleasant. I can not remember an Olympics being so watched and talked about as this year's! (With the exception, maybe, of when I was a kid and the USA girls won the gold in gymnastics.)

I am so sad to say that I missed the live All Arounds, for women's gymnastics, but I did watch it online, in its entirety, the next day! It was so amazing, and I am so proud of Nastia and Shawn! Click on thier names, if you would like to see their performance on each apparatus. Truly magical! Just when I thought my heart could not swell any bigger with pride, I watched the awards ceremony, and I cried like a baby! happy tears, of course! I thought that Nastia had the most amazing, flawless performances. I thought it was going to be the highlight of the Olympics this year for me....and then I saw THIS race! If you did not see Michael Phelps in the 100m Fly, (with your own eyes, the entire race, not a re-cap) you MUST watch it! (or I am NOT going to be your friend anymore!) It was the most triumphant thing I have ever seen! We saw it happen live and we could not believe it! Zac and I call him the Lance Armstrong of the water. Has anyone ever dominated a sport so much as Michael Phelps? He is untouchable!

Just for fun...I dare you to watch this without getting one of the following:
A). Choked up, lump in the throat
B). Heart swelling, smiling, sense of pride
C). Reminiscant of the "good ole days"
I got all three. Comment and tell me which one you felt. :)


If you liked that, then you will love this. :) Haha, I just can't stop!

No comments: