Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Amazed

I have never watched synchronized diving before, but I am now entranced! I can't quit watching...it is mesmerizing! I turned on the Olympics to see Phelps compete, but this partner diving was on, leading me to my new obsession. If you have never seen it, check it out, before the Olympics end!! Oh, and in case you are curious ('cause I know you are, right?)...my three favorite Olympians are:
1. Michael Phelps
2. Shawn Johnson
3. Jonathan Horton
PS-Does anyone know why they shower off after every single dive? That's odd. Just curious?!
PS#2-Why does that sand volleyball girl Walsh wear that thing on her shoulder? What is that thing?

4 comments:

Liz said...

Walsh had shoulder surgery in November. She claims the bandage makes her feel better. She also today started wearing tape on her left ring finger, b/c yesterday she lost her engagement ring during the match.

And i don't know much about diving, but my guess is, they shower to rinse off the clorine or saline, to have a cleaner entry into the water on tne next dive.

Anonymous said...

On NBC they asked one of the divers why they shower everytime, and they said because the water in the pool is cold and the shower is warm which will help their muscles from cramping etc.
I like the bandage on the vball player's shoulder. I think it is cool.
I also love the sychronized diving. It is beautiful when they are so together!

Anonymous said...

I am anonymous from the above comment.

Linda (mother to Liz and Jules)

Ellen Enright said...

The tape on her shoulder is called Kinesiotape. I use it on my patients all the time.