Sunday, August 24, 2008

Locker Room Madness

This entire summer, the other two cheerleading coaches and myself have been working on our cheerleading locker room. We worked so hard painting, getting furniture and accessories and cleaning. This room was disgusting before we got ahold of it! The girls did not know that they were even getting a locker room, much less that we would make it the CUTEST locker room in the history of America. Haha, at least it is in my opinion...see for yourself!


The jerseys on the lockers were also a gift that we surprised them with. We had some unexpected money from a fundraiser and decided to get each girl a jersey with their name and graduation year on it. They LOVED them. The coaches got one too, so I am sure you will see a pic of me wearing mine sometime over the next 10 weeks. :) Here is a video I took of the girls as they were walking in the room for the first time. It was priceless! My heart was pounding and I was actually shaking a little bit. It felt so great, and made all the hard work so worthwhile! Check out the screams and squeels... (Let's hope this is the wildest it ever gets in there! HA!)



Oh, and we also had cupcakes (and balloons, but I am sure you saw those in the above pics. They are the pink circles all over the floor) to celebrate the "opening ceremony" of the locker room. Look how cute they are...they matched. And aren't we clever, we made them spell out MHS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The locker room looks great. I am glad the girls were so excited. Kudos to you three coaches - for all the hard work and many, many hours you spent working on this amazing room. Linda (your mother)