Tuesday, November 18, 2008

as requested by my siblings...

Friday, Zac and I got to Austin about 3:30 and went straight to the vet to pick up Molly's meds. That is honestly the best vet clinic in the world. For any readers who live in Austin, you should really try Arbor Animal Clinic. I have never seen a group of people who care more about a pet, and that pet owners questions and concerns! When we got to Mom and Pops house, we went out to eat at one of our favorite mexican food restaurants, Santa Rita. After that, we dropped the boys off at the house and mom and I went to Tar-jay. We happily shopped, while the boys suffered through at 20 minute power outage, due to high winds. Since the house was dark, they went for a walk. :) One of the first times Zac and my dad were around each other, my dad asked Zac if he would like to go for a walk. Zac of course felt obligated and replied yes, but they ended up being gone for an hour. Zac was in boots and a button up shirt (about to take me on a date) and not being used to the hills and humidity that is Austin, he was sweaty and tired when they got home. He always jokes about that time my dad tried to kill him by taking him on a long walk, haha. Anyways, Liz and Andy and Madeline got to Austin about 8ish and we had a fun evening hanging out and catching up. Madeline played with all her favorite toys at Grandma and Pappy's house.
Saturday morning, Papa used his two son-in-laws to help him cut down a few dead branches off of a tree in the front yard. I was so scared the whole time he was up there...35 feet in the air!
When Liz got dressed Saturday morning, I saw she had on a blue shirt. I had brough a blue shirt (the exact same shade) to wear that day, so I put it on, just to annoy her. Haha, it worked! She made me change into something else, as soon as we took the picture. My dad was not happy because it was "Jayhawk blue" and the Horns were playing Kansas. haha
Saturday afternoon, I met Lynn at Tatem's and us girls loaded up and headed to City Hall for a Proposition 8 Protest. There were about 3,000 people in attendance, and it was amazing. I took lots of pictures...to see them all, click HERE.After experiencing my first protest, Mom and Liz and Madeline came and picked me up and we went to the mall. It was so crowded...the recession has definitely not hit Austin, Texas!!! Liz did most of the shopping (okay all of it) so Madeline and I took a quick massage break at Brookstone.
Madeline learned how to do "Hook em Horns!" (She has been doing "guns up" for awhile now.) Sunday morning we had Hardwick Family portraits at Mayfield Park. Obviously we have not gotten them back from the photographer, but I CANT WAIT! I think they are going to be really good! Austinites...if you haven't been to Mayfield Park, GO! There are tons of peacocks and it is beautiful. I am looking forward to going back sometime soon. Sunday afternoon was Eliza's FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!!! She was so cute and fun and seemed to have a blast.

She had lots of friends and family at the party. It was such a special occasion! I think the best was watching her in her new swing though...
As you see, it was a BUSY but fun weekend! No wonder I am so tired, haha!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I didn't know the power went out on Friday night. We had such a great weekend. I can't wait for Thanksgiving.

Jeremy, Sarah, and Brayden said...

What a good post. :) I needed a smile and a laugh today! Loved the story a/b your dad and Zac's "walk". It does sound a little suspicious! :) XOXO!

Linda said...

It was a GREAT weekend - THANKS to my two wonderful daughters and their awesome families. I LOVE YOU!

Stacy said...

Aw I'm glad you had such a good weekend! Thats so funny about Zac and your dad going on a walk. :-) The rally looks like it was awesome, good for you! I love the guy holding the sign about oh whats her face ... Elizabeth Taylor having however many husbands and her brother just wants one. :(