Monday, November 24, 2008

Drumroll Please...

No, I am not pregnant. I got two texts this morning asking if I was and accusing me of being a "tease" with my blog for announcing that I had big news, but not sharing it. With no further adu, here is the exciting news...........
Baw is moving to Austin! Yes, my grandmother who has lived in Houston FOREVER just bought a lot and a house in Austin. They are building the house for her, and it will be ready in 5-6 months, so she will be moving in April or May. Being the experienced movers we are, and knowing that weather can make a move really miserable, we are happy the move will be late spring. Hopefully not too hot or too cold.
But wait, there is more! My Aunt Nancy, who has lived in Galveston all of her adult life is also moving to Austin! Isn't that exciting!? They will all be close together, and when Zac and I get back down there, that means they will be close to us! :) I am so thrilled. I love the impulse of it all too! On Monday of last week, Mom and Nancy went and looked at some houses. Tuesday night Nancy told Baw the idea and she seemed receptive to it. Thursday night, Baw and Nancy came to Austin, and Friday they went and looked at the houses. Saturday Baw bought her lot and house and Nancy put an offer on her house, that they accepted!!! It happened so fast! Neither Baw nor Nancy have put their houses on the market yet, but they plan to quickly. Baw has a beautiful house in a nice neighborhood, so I don't think it will be hard to sell. Nancy also has a beautiful house, untouched by Ike, on Galveston Island. I think that since there are so many people without homes who want to continue living on the island, she will not have a hard time selling either. It is just so exciting!!!
Baw's house isn't built yet, so no pics, but here is Nancy's. I LOVE the colors!

2 comments:

Jeremy, Sarah, and Brayden said...

How exciting for you! That is a gorgeous house! What a beautiful baby room they had! :) I also thought you were pregnant! When are yall thinking of moving closer to Austin? Anytime soon?

Mel and Nancy said...

hey Julia,
I am so happy that Baw and Nancy are moving to Austin. That will be great for all. Enjoy your blog and see you Wednesday! Love, Nancy