Friday, November 7, 2008

Election week wrap-up

Of course this week there has been so much buzz and excitement everywhere! I have been surfing the net and seing so many cool articles, videos, and pictures. I just thought I would share some of my favorites with yall...

If you like Lil' Wayne's song "A Milli" you have to listen to this Obama Remix. It is hilarious...just take it tongue-in-cheek. (Is that the right phrase?)

Beautiful pictures from Tuesday Night in Grant Park.

And here are pictures of happy people from around the Globe! As you all know, pretty much the entire rest of the world (our UN allies in particular) wanted Obama to be elected...I feel like the rest of the world can finally like us again!

This video clip comes from Fox News, the most conservative media, and it discloses stuff about Sarah Palin, such as the fact she did not know Africa was a continent, and did not know which countries were a part of NAFTA. Haha, I know both of those, maybe I should run for VP. :)

This probably seems random, but I thought it was funny. Will Smith's reaction to the election.

How amazing was McCain's Concedence Speech? I know we all watched it Tuesday night, but I had to watch it again, just to take it all in. My favorite quote was at the end when he said "I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties, but to believe always in the promise and greatness of America."


I have always known that Obama was an amazing speaker, but on this night, the words were twice as sweet! I loved the entire speech, but I had some favorite quotes:
-"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, democrats and republicans, black, white, hispanic, asian, native american, gay, straight, disabled and not-disabled. Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals, or a collection of red states and blue states. We are and always will be THE UNITED STATES of America!"
-"This victory alone is not the change we seek...it is only the chance for us to make that change!"
-"So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism; of service and responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves, but each other."
-"And to all those who have wondered if Americas beacon still burns as bright - tonight we proved once more that the true strength of our nation comes not from our the might of our arms or the scale of our wealth, but from the enduring power of our ideals: democracy, liberty, opportunity, and unyielding hope."
I could go on and on, as I loved his entire speech, but I will leave you with just one more thought, in the words of Barack Obama...
-"This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment. This is our time - to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American Dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we cant, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people:Yes We Can!"

No comments: