Saturday, November 8, 2008

Did you know?

November is National Adoption Month! As I have mentioned before, adoption has been laid on my heart and, I have been fortunate enough to see it happen first hand, both internationally and domestic. What an amazing process. Even though people act as if the adoptive parents are doing the child a favor, I think that the kid is the one bringing all the blessings! :)

Since I found an excuse to brag about Nati, I will go ahead and do it...Here is a video that my cousin Ellen made when they found out that Nati was theirs. They had not met Nati yet, but had received pictures, and made friends through Gladney that went to Ethiopia to pick up their daughter, and filmed this for them. So special! I have not watched the video in months, but watched it today, and it still made me tear up. It's almost even more powerful now, because as he has made the transition, I forget that there was ever a time that he was NOT in our family, and he had a whole other life before Ellen and Breagan and Claire!




They became a family in May, just about six months ago. It seems like it's been longer! Here is a picture of Nati at his birthday party in September...see how much he has already grown?
PS-November is also Alzheimer's Awareness Month. I personally think this is one of the cruelest and most horrible diseases! I think we all know someone who has been affected by it. I really hope they are able to find a cure SOON!
PS#2-If you are ever in a mood to feel happy, go to YouTube and search adoption videos...you will come across some truly heartwarming moments! :)

No comments: