Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quick Trip to Austin


Friday night was our last home football game (HALLELUIAH!), which means it was also our last pep rally and last time I had to supervise the girls selling programs! What a relief! :) It was also Halloween, but since I was not home to give out candy, and had to work at the game, so I couldn't do anything cool, it didn't really even feel like it to me. I was just focused on getting through, and celebrating the last game! ;) We have one more week of football, and we are going to Waco this Thursday AND Friday. Phew...I am ready to quit making all these trips to Waco. It is a tease to get that close to Austin and not be able to go the rest of the way! This Saturday I went to Austin to see Tatem and Scott and Eliza, and Eli and Danny and Ryan. :) Zac had to work Saturday and Sunday, so I went solo, but I missed him!! Eliza has grown so much, even since they were here in September! I am glad Zac and I will be going back to Austin in two weeks for Ellie's 1st birthday party, and Hardwick Family Portraits! :) Here are pics from my fun trip this past weekend...

Ellie laughing at her phone call. She has started showing SO much personality! At one point she reached out to hand me a little cheerio type snack, but when I reached to get it from her, she jerked her arm back and starting laughing! She totally knew she was tricking me, and thought it was so funny! It was precious!

I think Ellie is going to be musically-inclined like her Grammy! She loves playing the piano and smiles/laughs the entire time. She has long fingers, so who knows...she could be the next (wait, who is a famous piano player?....oh, i know...) George Winston!

Eli's roommate Danny invited me to go with him to his work party, and it was SO nice! They had rented out the Renaissance Hotel Ballroom and lobby (an employee told us it cost $60,000 for the room alone, not including food and entertainment...isnt that bananas?) and they had an amazing dinner and tons of desserts to choose from.

It was a masquerade ball, and the centerpieces were these gorgeous bouquets of masks, free for the taking. It was so cool, and very pretty! They also had a photo booth, which we hit up alot, since it was free and FUN (I will have to scan those in, because they are not digital, of course).

They had a DJ playing music, so of course we danced, but there was also gambling. They had real tables, like BlackJack and Texas Hold 'Em and Craps, but we did the slot machines. It was all included in the party. Since you couldn't win money, you cashed in your chips and tokens for raffle tickets. At the end of the night they gave away a million (it seemed) cool prizes like Wii's and massage gift certificates, and free airline tickets, flatscreen TVs, laptops, and I forget what else, but lots of cool stuff! It was the best work party I have ever heard of! I want to get a job there now that I know how much they appreciate their employees, haha!




1 comment:

Shannon said...

YAY Austin! Your blog's new background is super cute, by the way!