Sunday, November 9, 2008

Phones and Boys

Friday's football game was in Waco. I rode with two coach's girlfriends and we had some wonderful conversation. :) We met my parents and my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Mel at Texas Roadhouse (YUM!) to eat, then went to the game. Our boys lost, but it was still a pretty good game. It was pretty chilly though...I am glad it was the last game! (for more reasons than just the weather, haha!) After the game, we decided we couldn't come to Waco without going to George's, so us gals went and had a drink before we made the trip home. Here I am with Meredith and Karen at George's...

This weekend marked the first weekend that Zac did not have to work. Since our last football game was Friday night, and there isn't an upcoming game to prepare for, Zac did not have to go in on Saturday and Sunday. We slept late both days and had a very relazing weekend. The kind I might call "boring" if it was every weekend, but since we never get this kind of downtime, it was quite enjoyable...in small quantities. :)

Saturday we went to eat at Schlotzsky's (which I LOVE and never get because Zac is not a big sandwich guy...I know, right...how can you not love sandwiches?) and then went cell phone shopping. Some of you probably know that I have been using a phone that is literally five years old, which translates to twenty, in the technology world! It is the size of a brick and does not have internet or even a camera on it. One time I had it at a football game, and a first grader said "Why do you have that here?" I explained that it was my cell phone, and she just laughed as if I was trying to 'pull her leg' and said "That's not a cell phone! That's a HOUSE PHONE!!" Haha, so now you have an idea of how big it was! :) Anyways, Zac and I have been with Sprint forever, but our contract expired in August. (We've been going month to month since then, since we didn't have time to go look at new phones.) We finally decided this weekemd to go get our new phones and a new contract. We werent sure if we wanted to stay with Sprint, or switch to AT&T. After going back and forth between the stores, looking at the rates and plans and packages and phones and all that junk, we decided Sprint was the better deal for us. We even upgraded our plan to unlimited internet, texting, and all the data stuff you could ever want or need! :) We ended up getting matching phones. Not because there was a buy one get one free offer, or anything, but we just both liked the same phone and it was a good deal, so now we have identical phones. Haha, I begged him to get a different one, but I lost that battle. Thank goodness it comes with an extra back (black with white swirls on it) that we put on mine, to help avoid confusion. In case any of you techies are wandering, it is a Samsung Rant. I love it so far, but I will let you know in a month if I still like it. :) I already set my hotmail up on it, and I love it. Haha, maybe soon I will learn how to blog from my phone!

Last night we babysat for one of the other coach's kids. It was a blast. They have three boys, ages 6, 5, and 18months, and each one of them is sooo handsome and fun. I used to be kindof scared of having a boy, and outright terrified of having more than one boy. I only wanted a daughter and did not even want to think about having a son! Now that I have been around so many special little boys (mostly coaches kids), I think I would love to have a son. Heck, even these three were not bad. They were a blast, and they have such a special bond! If I do have a boy, I hope he has silky hair like their's, so I can grow it out and part it. :) Zac played football with the two oldest boys, Cagen and Conley, in the game room for hours.
There was a bloody nose in the first thirty minutes! We took a snack break and let the boys rest. Check out the tissue in his nose. He must be a pro, because he knew just what to do, before I could even tell him...
Chaden liked to hang out with Zac whenever he could, but mostly he hung with me, and Zac kept up with the two older boys.

Cagen is kinda shy sometimes around me (I think he is playing hard to get, hehe), but he got hurt one time during the football game and came and sat right on my lap. It made me happy, and he was happy in no time. Check out that big smile...
I always thought that boys were not as fun because you couldnt get them super cute clothes and decorate their rooms and stuff, but its so not true. I just pray that when I have a son (or daughter) they are affectionate and not 'too cool' to hug and kiss Mommy. :) Augh...I can not wait to become a mother! Babysitting is a wonderful thing to do, in order to get my "kid fix" until I can get a little litter of my own! :)

***I am very easily amused, so rarely do I criticize movies. I love all movies for the most part. However, Zac and I watched one today (that I was really looking forward to!) that was a real flub. "Leatherheads" with George Clooney, and our boy Jim from The Office (I think the actor's name is John Krasinski). It was not great. I dont know, have any of yall seen it? Thoughts?

***Check out this cool article that a Baptist preacher's wife wrote. Her husband was actually my cousin Matt's high school youth director! I think it is a really neat story, and very well written!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love George's! Good idea to make sure you stop there while you're in Waco. :)