Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby on the Brain...

So you can guess by the title, but I have been thinking about babies and pregnancy SO much lately. In fact, the past few nights, I have had this very real feeling dream that I was pregnant. I cant explain, but it was the happiest, most joyful feeling. Zac and I felt so close, and all of our family was so excited. In my dream, Zac and I were laying in bed. I was on my side with a big swollen belly. Zac was behind me, also on his side, spooning me. His right arm under my neck, between my head and shoulders, and his left resting on my belly, waiting for a kick. We were not asleep, and it was not night time, we were just enjoying being close and soaking up the moment. It was the biggest high. For awhile after I awoke, I still had that rush of emotions and happiness, but as I realized it was a dream, it slowly went away. I tried to fall back asleep and willed myself to continue that same dream, but of course it didn't happen.
Tonight, Zac and I went to Cedar Hill to do some shopping. We walked over to Barnes and Noble, and parted ways. This is a normal thing for us when we go to the bookstore, since we have different tastes in reading material. (although we have read several of the same books and enjoyed those...we're just not good at reading the same book at the same time...that causes some conflict!) Anyways, back to tonight...I saw a book called "The Everything Dad To Be Book." It had chapters like 'her changing body' and 'how to put together a crib' and 'baby and your finances' etc. I picked it up and took it over to Zac, as a joke, thinking he would push it away. (He usually makes jokes about us having kids in "6 years" when I bring it up), Tonight though, was different. Tonight he told me that WHEN I get pregnant, IF I buy him that book, he will read it. A BREAK THROUGH!!!!!!!! :)
Anyways, thats not much of a topic for a blog, but I have been thinking about it alot and just thought I would share. But speaking of future children...are my grandkids going to ask me one day what it was like to live during this time of economic hardship? Sheeze, these are scary times. I hope we can get it together and not enter another Great Depression, like my grandparents went through! That is so weird to even think about!

1 comment:

Linda said...

You just keep dreaming of being pregnant and one day it will be true. I can't wait!!!