Saturday, September 6, 2008

My BUMPY Day

Last Thursday was a rough day for me, to say the least. Since I am behind on my blogging, I am not going to go too in depth, but here was the lowpoints of the day (in order, as they unfolded)...
1. Basically had some major anxiety about getting ready for the pep rally Friday. Hard to explain, but just trust me, it was hardcore.
2. Found out that my parent's dog Shiloh (he was my 8th grade Christmas present) is sick.
3. When my father was outside checking on Shiloh, the dog that Zac and I bought for my parents, Rusty, had a Grand Mal Seizure. Vet can't get my parents in until 3ish, so they are not going to be getting into town until really late. :(
4. Dealing with both cheer moms and football player moms questioning decisions I have made. Petty, tiny decisions that should be so minor, yet they like to somehow make them into big deals. 5. WORST part of the day...Got to the stadium, was spotting a stunt, and caught a girl with my FACE! She was coming down and I got an elbow to the eye. It hurt soo bad! I was trying to be tough, and be a good coach, so I didn't cry in front of the girls, and I was like "I'm fine! Im juts going to the restroom to wash my eye-makeup off of my cheek" (Her elbow hit above my right eyebrow and then glided down the whole right side of my face, making my mascara smear.) Anyways, I got to the bathroom and cried in a stall. haha, I think the cry was a long time coming...due to my hectic day, but sheesh, did it hurt! I had to put ice on it, which made it hurt worse! My teeth, my nose, my eye, and my entire head throbbed. I have broken my nose before, and I swear that this hurt worse than that!
6. My parents finally got to the second game, during half time, and my dad told me that they had to put Shiloh to sleep. (Too bad I am in a public place and I am already all cried out!) My heart sank down into my stomache, but I didn't cry. I think that I was in so much pain that even news that big and sad paled in comparison to how I was feeling.
So anyways, of course after my parents got there, everything started getting better. I was happy to have them sitting by me, Zac's team won 35-0, I got LOTS of compliments on how well my cheerleaders did (I was so super proud of them...they were amazing!), and the best part was that I knew I was going to have an awesome week ahead of me!
Here is a pic of my eye, the night that it happened, several hours later. It looks like I am furrowing my brows, but I really wasn't. The eye that got hit has been sitting a little lower than it used to...I really hope that goes back to normal after this all goes away!! (The swelling has gone down, but now it is starting to turn a greenish-brownish-blue. Hot huh?)

PS-I know I look like "H-E-double hockey sticks" in that picture, but I wanted to show you the lump. Please do not make fun of me. It was literally like 1 in the morning (if not 2am) when my mom took this picture of me.


Shiloh, we miss you and will continue to miss you. I know you are running around like a puppy, with perfect hearing, and no tumors. This makes me happy. (By the way, the above picture isnt Shiloh, but looks alot like him. I do not have any recent pics of Shiloh on my computer.)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

awww poor julia! that sucks! i hope your weekend got a little better after the game on friday.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Shiloh! (and your eye) ~T