Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Kite Runner: Revisited


Remember THIS post, where I told you I had just seen the movie, and was beginning the book The Kite Runner, and promised to discuss more after I completed it? Well, last night I finished the book, and it was amazing. 500 times better than the movie! If you have seen the movie, but NOT read the book, I highly reccomend reading it! It is much more detailed and goes so much more in depth, that the entire movie just feels like a trailor for the book. Merely a sneak preview. The movie barely even tells the story. My cousin Braegan read the book first, and then saw the movie, and disliked the movie because it was nothing like the book. I can see how if you did it in that order, you might feel that way. But the movie is still good, just think of it as something seperate altogether, and try not to compare it to the book. Either way, this story (whether you get it through reading or viewing) is remarkable. I didn't want the book to end, and then I wanted a sequel. I really insist that you read the book. If you don't have time or don't like to read, then watch the movie, but I bet you will like it and want to know more and then you will read the book! You will thank me! :)
UPDATE: I just rented the movie again. I want to watch it again, to compare it to the book, and to my first impressions of the movie. I know...I'm a dork. What else am I supposed to do?...I'm sick! I just left the doctor and I have an upper respitory infection. When I went to Walgreens to turn in my perscription for Augmentin (basically Amoxicillin), I saw that the Walgreens RIGHT BY our house now has a Red Box! Zac and I love Red Box (you rent a movie for $1, and its just a $1/day so if you turn it in late...who cares?) but the only one was inside Wal-Mart, across town from us. It was always a pain to go to that one because you have to park and go in and blah blah blah, but this one is so close and convenient, and its on the outside of the store, so no going in! Yay! Well, I am about to lie down (with lots of pillows under my head so it can drain) and prepare to be depressed/amazed.

No comments: