Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nati's Birthday

Saturday afternoon was Nati's 5th birthday party. I always love going up to McKinney to see my family, but today was extra fun! :) Nati was the most gracious and thankful child I have ever seen! I worked ALOT of birthday parties at the gym when I was in Austin, and I have been to my own friends kid's parties, and I have never seen such sweetness at a birthday party! He welcomed everyone who walking in the door with a big genuine hug, as if he knew we came JUST for him! He opened his gifts slowly, studying each one with amazement and appreciation, then he gently set it aside so he could go hug the person who gave it to him. It was so cute! Alot of kids rush through gifts, opening one, chunking it aside and going for the next one in a greedy way (heck, I probably did the same thing...they are kids its almost expected) but Nati took time to enjoy each present and thank the person. It made it so fun to watch him. What a truly special child! God has blessed Ellen and Breagan with a very compassionate and caring young man!
Here he is, showing me his Nemo cake. He was very proud of it!

Nati with three of his aunts enjoying some cake...

Nati opening gifts, carefully and very appreciative.

Nati, Kuri, and Claire checking out his new scooter. Claire wanted to ride it. Most siblings would push their little brother or sister off, or tell them "no, its mine" or something, but Nati patiently just turned to Ellen and said "Mom" and then waited for an adult to help him out. Gian came over and picked up Claire and everything was fine. Nati is so sweet to her!

Nati and Kuri...they lived together in Ethiopia for a while. Now, here they are in Texas, going to each other's birthday parties! Such a neat and beautiful story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brayden had that exact same Nemo cake for his birthday! Isn't it adorable! :) We love us some Nemo in this house!