Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fashion Rocks

"Great Music and Great Fashion go hand in hand." Did any of you watch Fashion Rocks Tuesday night? I thought it was pretty good. I love shows like this. (Sorta reminded me of the Victoria's Secret runway show, but way better.) It's divided into musical genres (Disco, Motown, Hip Hop, Punk, Rock, etc) and then has songs and outfits to match the genre. Pretty cool. It was a real treat for the eyes and ears! Very well planned and produced! It is so cool because its all these famous people singing these classic hits, instead of their own songs. AND, all the proceeds from the night benefit the Stand Up To Cancer foundation, kinda like on Idol Gives Back!! Here were a few of my favorite parts...
-Rihanna opening the show with "Vogue" or "Strike a Pose"...haha, whatever that song is called!
-Beyonce's salute to Etta James (WELL DONE!! "At Last" is one of my favorite songs!)
-Chris Brown's performance was my favorite part of the whole show! I think I rewound it and watched it like 5 times! He is the total package...looks, voice, and my word, can he DANCE! What an amazing performer! Soo talented!

-Fergie's duet with Blondie "Call Me"
-Charlize Theron's jacket and necklace
-Duffy!! I really like her! Have y'all heard of her?
-Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, and Kid Rock's tribute to Motown. (Is it bad that I used to think JT was the best, but now I think that Chris Brown has him beat?)
-Mariah Carey singing Disco songs. I was proud of her for dressing appropriately. Let's face it, sometimes she forgets she is not 14!
-Pussycat Dolls dancing (and lipsynching) to "When I Grow Up." How do they dance in those high high heels? I can barely walk in shoes like that, much less bust a move!
-Solange (yep, thats right...Beyonce's little sister!) I have been majorly loving her lately! Watch this video.
-Black Eyed Peas singing The Rolling Stones
-I got emotional during the performance of STAND UP!
I wouldn't say I cried, but I did choke up a little and felt sad and proud at the same time. Sad at the thought of what a devastating thing cancer is, and proud that we are joining together to do what we can to make it go away! Here are the ladies who sing. (Some of the singers are Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Rihanna, Carrie Underwood, Natasha Bedingfeld, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, and more!) To donate, click HERE, or you can buy/listen to the song on iTunes!

See? Aren't you sad you missed it? Did anyone watch it? Thoughts? If they replay it, you should definitely watch it! I think I liked it more than I liked the VMA's!! And that is saying alot! Oh, and I can not wait until The Emmy's in two weeks! :)

Gossip-Lil Wayne refused to let them search his bags, so he left. he was supposed to perform, but had to leave because he would not let the security people check his bags!!! Weird!

No comments: