Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nocturnal Jules is random...

I go to bed way too late! I do not get enough sleep and even though I'm tired, I just cant fall asleep! I know I am not running every minute of the day, but I feel like it, because my stress has me all wired and on edge and out of breath. My chest literally gets tight and I feel like I cant take a breath. I try to do some deep breathing when I catch myself in that state, but usually its the worst times, like when I am having a meeting with a cheer mom, or turning in an important packet. Oh, did I tell yall that yesterday I got to turn in my application for internship...to be a student teacher? It was so stressful getting it all ready (8 different pages of stuff!), but it felt so good to turn it in! Hopefully there will not be any problems with any of it! Cross your fingers! Anyways, back to the stress issue...I am looking forward to having company this weekend and not thinking about school or cheerleading! :)
Thank Goodness for Run's House. It really cheered me up tonight when I was having "cheer-ziety" which is my nickname for "cheerleading anxiety." We have a pep rally in two days and are still trying to nail down all the details. Was my coach in high school a SuperCoach, with everything perfect, like I remember? Or was I just naive in high school,a nd really she was going crazy behind the scenes getting stuff ready for us? I guess I will never know, but I am hoping that the next ones are less stressful. The other scary thing is that we have all these great ideas that are perfect IN OUR MINDS, but the problem is getting things to play out exactly how we want them to. I guess it all depends on the energy of the crowd. Scary! See how I am blabbing on and on? This is why I can't sleep at night. My mind races a million miles an hour. I remember it used to do this when I was in high school, juggling soccer and cheerleading and school and being sick and SADD and Spanish Club and the billion other things I did. It has never been this bad as an adult. Hoepfully when we get into more of a routine, my brain will settle down!
Anyways, there is a new Fall Out Boy song out, and I am actually listening to it right now. It is called "I Don't Care," and it is quite catchy. One line caught my attention. It says "The best of us can find happiness in misery." I am not saying I am miserable, but being this stressed is. I find happiness everyday though. Gosh, I really am just rambling now. Sorry. I am gonna go lay down and TRY to fall asleep. (My mom's friend Katie, an acupuncturist, once told me that if you are having trouble falling asleep you should tape some cinnamon onto the bottom of your foot. It's supposedly a miracle cure.....maybe I will have to try it?!? I will let you know if I do!)
Ugh, see...I told you I get random late at night!

No comments: